@david glassware and adapters sales section

Do you hook it up to a vacuum pump then crimp the opening?

I pulled those off Google. And I could care less about the cooling coil. I’d rather have two cold traps. And he could just jacket the outside.

1 Like

What’s the lead time to ship once I send the sketch?

1 Like

2-3days

1 Like

They pull a vaccum on the tubeulation connected to the jacket, then seal it like an ampule.
http://www.public.asu.edu/~aomdw/ampoule/Page_1.html

5 Likes

Thanks @Soxhlet, I was aware how it’s supposed to be done and how the US companies evacuate the glass. I just want verification that @david is actually pulling a vacuum on his glass and sealing it up properly otherwise the outer jacket is useless lol

2 Likes

This comment led me to believe that maybe they aren’t pulling a vacuum on the jacket and no other Chinese lab glass makers are either.

I would guess that it not truly vacuum jacketed, I have two heads from him, any way for me to check if it is not?

I dont have a vapor temp yet for these heads but I can say the 2L anti reflux was twice as fast as the lab society head, but ls head doesnt have an antireflux

1 Like

@Kingofthekush420 @munkdooligan @square_root_pharms
Anyone could tell if its jacketed by seeing the temp change from boiling flask to the vapor temp. High Quality Lab Society or Summit heads should have no more that 12-15 degrees, decent quality jacketed heads shouldnt go more than a 20 degree difference. If its unjacketed in may be 25 degrees plus in delta t and thats really fighting itself to get up and out. aluminum foil and insulation/ rope will help, but youll still be making a bunch of wasted energy.

It will definitely work, but it should be remedied asap

@Kingofthekush420
summits have two vacuum jackets, but theyre open to each other… seems to do something tho cause it holds aclean as Lab Societies silvering

2 Likes

True dat!

2 Likes

Tbh I do not like my lab society head. It is 34 45 though. I cant distill under 200c mantle temp, and I have a 20 to 25 degree difference from mantle to head temp. My buddy has a summit 55/50 head and he only has a 5 degree temp diff max. You think maybe my head has such a big temp diff because of the size of my head? It’s the 34 45 HE with silvering. Think maybe the 45 50 will have a smaller temp diff between the head and the mantle?

2 Likes

My buddy will be at 180 on the mantle with a head temp of 175 -_- never seen anything like it. Kinda makes me want to try a summit SPD

2 Likes

If there is closed, it can’t burn on the fire, if that ,it can be cracking easy.

Can you confirm if you are or if you are not pulling a vacuum on the outer jacket of your SPD heads? Thanks

1 Like

my spdhead is vacuum.

2 Likes

I hit main body at 180C with David’s 34/45 head and an Edward’s e2m18 pump, before (using an LS head) I couldnt get mains to pop over until 200C and it had about the same delta temp (20C)

I ramped her up to 189C and was getting close to 300ml/hr.

10 Likes

It’s also not just if you apply vacuum but also how deep. You could probably tell by looking at it for cleanliness. If you see any dirt or solids it would be suspect but any liquids in the jacketing and it is certainly poorly done before sealing, if at all.

2 Likes

Please make me a 29/42 isolation adapter.
29/42 connection to head and the rest 24/40.
Would also like a 24/40 cold trap and PTFE 24/40 to kf25 adapter.

Please give me a sketch if possible.thanks!

or you can give me picture