@david glassware and adapters sales section

Good catch.

@david can you show how you pull a vacuum on the outer jacket?

Ya brother I’ll message it to you

2 Likes

All distillation heads in China are made like this

Without actually pulling a vacuum on the outer sleeve the insulation value is almost nothing. It would be better to not use the outer sleeve at all and just wrap the head in fiberglass insulation

2 Likes

@square_root_pharms What do you mean by pulling a vacuum on the outer jacket?

Most distillation heads are vacuum jacketed. Summits are triple vacuum jacketed I believe lol

3 Likes

Hmmm my lab society head was jacketed, but I don’t think it was under vacuum. Interesting!

The inner part of the head is for the reflux and distillation. Between that and the outer glass there is a vacuum pulled so that it’s not filled with air that can transmit heat.

Any old glass bong glassblower could do this stuff. It’s the vacuum jackets on an SPD head that make a quality unit. Imagine how well those yeti tumbler cups work. They work well because the sleeve is evacuated of air. Air transfers heat so having a jacket on an SPD head thats not evacuated of air is kinda pointless.

5 Likes

I’m pretty sure @LabSociety heads are vacuum jacketed

1 Like

Is it a separate port to pull vacuum or is it just part of the vacuum pathway? I think you’re right, just trying to understand how that works!

From my understanding the vaccum is pulled and trapped in during the glass making process

1 Like

It’s done during the making of the head

Ah, that makes sense! Thanks!

1 Like

@David can you make this 45/50?

Non jacketed.

yes we can do 45/50

The product on my video has not been finalized yet.
pls check this picture .The products on my video are like this.
after annealing ,then vacuum.

2 Likes

They are

1 Like

there is opening