D8 and D9 Seperation!

If you’re interested in immediately fixing your leak problems with the Summit system, check out this steel system that I sell under my company Better Flange SPD

You won’t be dealing with vacuum grease and leak issues. DM for more info or check out this thread for more information

1 Like

how do I connect my chiller and where is condenser control? would be nice to have a glass viewing window to visually see the flow to do separation better.

You seem convinced you can separate d8 and d9 in an spd. I wish I had pics of some of the crazy shit I tried to make it work🤣

Better vacuum in a short path will help lower distillation temperatures and helps keep the cannabinoids from changing during distillation

It’s not so much about separating d8/d9 in the spd. When you have a mixture with only one or the other, the lowest temperatures possible will prevent the heat catalyzed equilibrium reaction of the d8/d9.

But you’re not gonna claim your unit will separate d8 and d9, right?

Definitely not. I’m just talking about the purification of already converted mixtures. Was someone else trying to do that?

1 Like

Quench means stopping the reaction by cooling it down and or diluting and or neutralizing the acid.
Usually you pour the reaction into water or let cool down and pour into bicarbonate solution and then wash.
Now, in another thread, the roguelab character recommended to the zeko to quench with a mixture of methanol and KOH. This sounds like it would introduce something unnecessarily bad and give it a colour as well.
But this thread Azulene, Acidic Distillation, The Mystery Blue at some point is about neutralizing an acidic crude before distillation and someone also recommends a mixture of ethanol and NaOH, because it makes a “non-nucleophilic organicish acid” and that is good for some unspecified reason.

1 Like

Delta-8-THC isomer can be made from Delta-9-THC in a spinning band distillation system. Mix in 4% acidic alumina silicate with your extracted and winterized crude cannabis oil. Distill the cannabis oil and collect the THC distillate as you normally would. The combination of the acidic alumina silicate and boiling flask heat will catalyze the rearrangement of the THC molecule from delta-9 to delta-8-THC.

I am more purifying from that stinky mystery substance I have left after converting d8 to d9 to be able to use it in vapes. 1ml of that shit would stink your lab in 2 mins. super concentrated citric smell. cold trap flask collected it in the beginning prior to separation started.