Crystal Resistant Distillate

I’ll be finding out if it works in the near future.

1 Like

I mean I suppose if you’re running very pristine feedstock a little splashing wouldn’t hurt the distillate quality much. I still think the question is interesting from a chemistry perspective though, and would have some implications. If it works for CBDA it should also work for THCA and could be a way easier pathway to crystals than what people are doing currently.

1 Like

There was no splashing of the crude onto the condenser. I was feeding black crude in a glass WFE so I would’ve noticed. That distillation was a long time ago and I only mentioned it in response to ExTek saying that CBDa cannot be distilled. I don’t recommend anyone do it as a way to avoid crystallization, because it’s an inefficient use of a WFE. The crude had a quick devol pass already so it wasn’t splashing at all but I did have to run it slower than normal. Excess pressure (that my pumps couldn’t handle) was created either by leftover volatiles or perhaps CO2 released from decarboxylation in the still body.

1 Like

What evaporator temperature did you run at?

I have never used a roto vap before so I apologize about the naive question, but what is the (29hg) in reference to?

29” column of Mercury (Hg).

A measure of how much air is not there.

7 Likes

Nice, that makes sense. Thank you!

You must be verifued before slinging your cbd peoducts. This is the 3rd thread youve spammed in.

5 Likes

I think I managed to make a kilo of this, it sits at 74% CBD, 4% THC, and 83% total cannabinoids (CBG and CBC being the rest.)

It’s been on my shelf for 2 weeks without even a hint of nucleation. I tried to crash crystals on a 250ml sample of it with absolutely zero precipitation.

Anyone know what average potency is on crystal resistant CBD distillate?

2 Likes

looks like the cbd distillate i get from first pass SPD from CO2 crude. Literally the same haha

1 Like

fwiw GUUD quoted me at 11k for a liter of their crystal resistant disty. Imgur: The magic of the Internet shows a lab of theirs. Why so high on the CBC?

1 Like

Probably using a base to isomerize the thc.

3 Likes

:face_with_monocle::popcorn: what makes you say base and not acid

1 Like

A base to create cbc? Tell me more Please :grinning:

1 Like

Acidic conditions tend to degrade to delta 8, basic conditions tend to shift things around to delta 10 and 10a, CBC, and I’ve heard CBL as well. I’ve seen some weird peaks on graphs and were told it was from pH 9+ distillations.

I should note I’m basing this off things I was told, which is why I said probably in the other post. So, considering the overall percentage is somewhat low, I tend to guess isomerization.

6 Likes

They’re making crystal resistant cbd by raising the PH. That’s why they’re making delta 10 is they’re using a base to raise the PH. The reason I know this is because @Deleted taught them that tech and dropped it at the second knowledge sesh in Hollywood when a few of us were there after.

12 Likes

Got any data on the ph going in?
DvBHew4W0AAPw3y

10 Likes

No clue this was all I was told

1 Like

Has anybody tried using ultrasonics to hinder crystallization?

6 Likes

I have a hunch how to make crystal resistant distillate. let me use one of your labs.

6 Likes