Has anybody used this digital vacuum guage?

Is there any other parts needed to hook it up to the spd?

Well You Need a T in your vac line that has If working with hose
2 hose pillars and one s flare 1/4" coupling
I have to solder them from copper plumbing and hvac parts

Pirani makes lots of sensors but we need a good sensor with decent resolution at the 1 micron level. Any specs on the actual sensor use? Is it a thermocouple type?

I’m not sure honestly. I think you guys can tell me more then I can tell you

Looks like resolution is 10mmhg this won’t cut it

Glad I didn’t just order it lol

Can you explain what this reaultion means. What’s 10mmhg mean lol? It says it’s range is 0-75000 microns

The resolution of a sensor is the smallest change it can detect in the quantity that it is measuring.

1 mmhg is 1000 micron this thing has a resolution of 10 mmhg

1 Like

and just to clarify,
thats 1mm Hg => 1000 microns Hg
(because 1mm = 1000microns)

why do we measure Vac in Hg?

4 Likes

Yes I wasn’t too clear on that point

Can you please hook me up with some links to what will work on a “budget”? Thanks

I’m using one these and it was only $130:

https://www.amazon.com/Supco-VG64-Digital-Accuracy-Connection/dp/B002JP5PAE/ref=redir_mobile_desktop/132-1761310-3170905?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&ref=yo_pop_mb_pd_title

Obviously not as good as a bullseye gauge but working decent for a budget gauge.

Look for a Used eBay yellow jacket 69075

Uses agilent 531 sensor just like a bullseye. The bullseye and agilent 531 thermocouple sensors aren’t as accurate or precise as the pirani sensors ppl on here use but they are decent enough.

Do a search for the pirani sensor on this site. Some ppl are using a laptop to view the rs232 signal from the sensor and with some coding they are translating that signal to readout vacuum levels.

2 Likes

On a vacuum oven, where is the best place to take a vacuum reading? The inches Hg isnt accurate enough. SHould i place the gauge next to the vacuum itself, or closer to the outlet on the oven? I currently have it connected on the inlet of the vacuum itself, but i find that i’m not sure its the best place. Any thoughts?

I just ordered one of these and just saw the reviews… I’ve seen you post multiple times about this guage. Does it actually work or does it leak like the reviews say?

The one I had worked fine for my 2l setup. I only used that system for a short while until I sold it and got a bullseye for my 20l setup so it’s hard to say how well it will work with extended use however.

2 Likes

Cool only need it to work for 3 or 4 weeks on a 5L…

I combined these two.

https://www.digivac.com/product/agilent_varian-536-thermocouple-tube-kf25-nw25/ - $160

Mastercool Inc., Manufacturer of Air Conditioning, Refrigeration, Service Tools and Equipment - $175 on Amazon.

1 Like

How well has the combination of the mastercool and the 536 thermocouple from digivav worked?

Get an Edwards AGC controller they come in up to 6 channels for using Edwards AGC gauges. Theres like 10 different types of Edwards AGC sensors that go all the way down to hundredths of a micron and used good condition sensors for this setup are cheap on ebay

2 Likes