Crop steering grow log

Hey guys figured I would post up a new log vs keeping the build log going.
So here’s what we have for this run,
1 plant per square foot, one table will have 6x6x6 rockwool cubes the other will have 1 gallon coco bags. Initial media soak was in 2.0 ec Athena, I would say it was perfect for the rockwool but I got deficiencies in the coco, so next time I’ll keep that in mind.

Both were planted straight into final container from rooted clone, coco took 5 days for a full dry down and rockwool was 9 days.
These are under 315w 4200k cmh, started at 350ppfd now at about 450-500, what see running this high ppfd from the start I don’t need to top my plants as the lower branches catch up to the tops at about 550- 600ppfd .I’m going to give them another 7 days then flip. I might mess around a bit with the ratios on Athena flower blend as per @emdub27 idea.

Here’s the fun part, I ordered 6 teros 12 sensors with the zl6 data logger. My last run I definitely was not letting my plants dry back enough and hindered the yield. So I’m going to try out crop steering to my best ability for now, I’m sure it’s going to be a learning curve.

Here’s some pics at transplant vs today day 13.
Rockwool was planted 2 days later then the coco.

35 Likes

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

11 Likes

You got tons o room to grow!! Looking good :green_heart::facepunch:

6 Likes

Gonna crush it :muscle::muscle::popcorn::popcorn:

5 Likes

I would run 3.0 EC right off rip in coco with Athena, never had deficiencies after doing that

7 Likes

I just talked to someone who had alot of problems with rockwool, lost pump for ~12 hours and the Rockwood just didn’t hold enough moisture, and hurt the girls. Be weary.

Following to see this sensor setup…

7 Likes

We are crowd sourcing an alternative to Athena. There is discussion here:

9 Likes

That’s exactly what I did after the initial dry down, 3.0 ec and now I’m at 2.5 going to see how they respond to that, if I see purple petioles I’ll increase it again.

4 Likes

I did a little defoliate of the top leaves to help the lowers catch up, I’ve been feeding them 3.2ec and the purple is getting a bit better. This is day 17 for the coco and 15 for the rockwool.

11 Likes

Who knew fedex delivered on Sundays.

12 Likes

I just want to comment how super clean that setup is!

12 Likes

I got my flower room sanitized. Tomorrow I’ll be putting the Gary Payton and biscotti sundae under the ceramic hps.
40 1 gallon rio coco bags on a 5x8 table.
I got my sensors and logger yesterday, hooked up 4 sensor quick yesterday, looks like it’ll take a bit of time being used to these but I’m super excited to learn. On the chart you can see the first irrigation in the morning then each small shot throughout the day.

@emdub27 I was wondering if you would recommend I run the veg mix during the beginning of flower?

9 Likes

Is there two 5x8 tables in the room?
Sorry for being a bit thick😊

2 Likes

1 4x8 and 1 5x8

3 Likes

They look like they’re floating!! How are they supported?

Edit I see tiny feet on the tables do they roll?

2 Likes

So the whole rooms maybe 15x15?

1 Like

Here is how I made them. Just uni strut, angle brackets and castors.

@Belch yup close to that.

12 Likes

How did you end up doing on the last go around?

I don’t typically run drastically different stuff from veg to flower. By that I mean we use the exact same stock tanks and increase the phosphate/sulfate one about 10% in bloom and that’s the only difference. The timed drop in N, rise in K with athena, should help limit stretch, I go about that with foliar of sea crop or other high kinetin kelp.

Short answer is I would run a combination of veg and bloom, bit it may create a new set of problems.

5 Likes

Awesome I’m making some thanks!

1 Like

It was going well until week about 7, I was for sure not letting them dry back enough at the end of the day/ overnight and caused root issues.
Basically the last 10 days of flower it was taking almost 2 days for a 2 gallon pot of coco to dry out.
So a combination of over watering and lock out.

They turned out ok at best, some plants were better then others, I’m for sure not even close to happy with the outcome but it was entirely my fault.

GaryPayton was a trooper and took all the mistakes.

So maybe even keep running the veg until 5-7 days from flip then switch to bloom mix.
I’ve been using cytokin dominant kelp foliar at flip the last couple runs with agt50 and power si. I have calcium chloride on had do you think I should add a bit into my foliar?

7 Likes