Sensor Analytics Software Start-up Working to Increase Your Quality and Yield: Community Insights Wanted

My co-founder and I recently started Cultivation Connect. We want to bringing data analytics to cannabis cultivation operations and local agriculture, with a focus on sustainability, well-being, and quality of life. We’re a team of cannabis and consumer product veterans building a proof of concept advanced analytic and machine learning model to drive insights for craft and enterprise agronomists from cultivation sensor data. With over three decades of consumer product experience, two decades managing cannabis operations in the Midwest, combined with half a decade working at data science focused start-ups, we’re betting that agronomists want analytical capability independence from proprietary sensor ecosystems.

We are reaching out to medical and recreational facilities from various states based on their size and values to partner with us to test insight generation from cultivation data using our software. Initial indications show our analytical and machine learning models enhance the quality and yield of your crop, while improving operational efficiency.

I’m new to the community, but my co-founder isn’t. He believes this is the best group to gather industry feedback.

Would you consider using a tool like this? How have you built these capabilities to improve quality and yield? How can you use analytics to reduce costs and generate revenue?

Cultivation Connect Website: cultivationconnect.com

1 Like

Thanks for sharing this. There is a lot of opportunity in this space to do things with software. I think this is a cool project and want to give you some feedback based on what I have seen so far.

Your website could use some work if you seriously want to garner interest in your product. I went to the site and did not see any examples of the application or screenshots or demos/graphics etc. And the “contact us” link appears to be broken. The dark text overlaid on some of the images is a bit icky.

Content wise, there’s simply not enough information to decide if one would or would not consider using your application. What advantage would this offer over compeitiors Trym, or Aroya? To people who may not be super tech savvy, the posting may read like a lot of buzzwords and difficult to discern what it is exactly you may be offering. If I go to Trym I quickly get a sense of what they’re offering, on the landing page, without much text. The design and layout of the site looks professional, the graphics are good. And that I think will be the challenge of pitching a product like this.

I think the product is cool, and something I personally could see myself working on, but the approach in marketing may need some tweaking. Maybe I could help with your site, we could discuss privately if you are inclined. I can totally understand budgetary constraints or not having a graphic designer etc. but I think there are some opportunities to improve

2 Likes

is this tailored towards the cultivation sector, extraction/concentrates sector? both?

4 Likes

This is Matt, the other founder of Cultivation Connect. (I also have a 1500 post thread about fulvic acid here, but this is a totally separate venture)

This product is essentially using your operations sensors for short/medium/long-term tracking and environmental/input recommendations using real-time and historical data to predict yield.

@IonStorm Thank you for your input. We are working on the analytic analysis with data scientists portion now. A dashboard and more work on the website is coming but we know we wanted community input just like this first.

@nategeo Right now, it is cultivation side as a core product, but we know where we can extend functionality further down the road.

One of our favorite threads here is from @Medicine.grower about his Crop Steering Grow Log. When we put this idea together, I knew the members of Future 4200 were the first place we wanted to get input from. We appreciate you!

2 Likes

So tell use how you maximize your yields using technology like software, sensors and crop steering.

What pain points do you have with using your existing technology tools for cultivation?

What services would alleviate that? Would waiving something like the set up fee with Trym help your cash flow and bottom line at the end of the day?

2 Likes