Crop steering grow log

I blend in bloom and veg during transition, and extra cal/mag of course.
I start slowly adding in about 10 days before light change and by day 10 of flower I cut out the veg feed.

4 Likes

That’s a great idea, I’m going to do that now, I’m sure it can’t hurt even a few days away from flip.

I spent a bit mulling it over and there really isn’t a way to overcome the antagonism unless you add epsom in to the mix like @anon56994712 since the Mg:K ratio is fixed in the bloom bag. I agree with blending like @Greenleafpro, but I would do the transition over an even longer period of time, that would lessen the antagonism from K since it’s lower in the veg mix.

It’s worth noting that the aggressive defols a lot of folks do is quite a bit different than what I do and will change outcomes. Agressive defols drop brix, so we don’t do them, we run bucket sized fan leafs until we fan leaf strip a couple days before harvest. Nutritional outcomes may be different for someone like @Medicine.grower compared to what I see because our plants are quite a bit different.

6 Likes

So these plants have only had a few top leaves removed to promote the lower branches to grow since the weren’t topped.
I’m at day 19 from rooted clone on these and going to flip tomorrow, next run I’ll try 50/50 at day 15 of veg.
Feeding these 3.0 ec 80° 63%
I got my sensors hooked up, I know I won’t master crop steering overnight but I know I will at least be able to ensure I’m getting a perfect dry back after the last feed of the day.

5 Likes

Garden looks amazing man.

If you increase your ppfd on the canopy you will make the plants do the work for you with phytotoxicity. It’s actually a great stress event that will give you some great internodal growth and all around branching/foliage. Most genetics will stay low, and give you amazing bottom branches. You don’t sacrifice metabolism to lost foliage either.

3 Likes

Flipped my 5x8 ceramic hps table today. Today would of been day 20 of veg. I think I wish I would of flipped them 3-4 days ago.
Got them on 50/50 bloom and veg. Feeding 3.0 ec,
Pore water ec is at 4.5 up to 10.5, I’m going to try and focus the next couple days getting my dry backs dialed in according to my sensors.
I’m out herring fishing tonight, so the wife gave them a foliar of agt50, regalia, kelp and power si to try and help with the stretch.

Edit, I’m out herring fishing tonight, nice being able to check my media sensors while I’m away.

13 Likes

Oops fishing picture… what yah fishing for there?

3 Likes

Hey forgot to add that in, herring fishing tonight got 20000 lbs in 2 hours.

14 Likes

What do you do with 20,000 lbs of herring?

5 Likes

Sell them to Terrance and Philip

9 Likes

We sell them to a buyer and they ship it to a processing plant the next province over and they smoke them. Then sold for food.

5 Likes

You have a fucking fertilizer gold mine in them fish heads.

8 Likes

I used to deal with an old head that grew the stanky danky using only P (not N) dominant fish emulsion. His Cat Piss Skunk made me literally tear up from the terps.

@Medicine.grower I am impressed with your facilities. Do you plan on doing diversified systems or consolidating methods at some point?

3 Likes

I plan on keep working to get to a single method I like the best. I know I will be going with cmh/hps for my new build, led don’t equal cost savings for me and I know I can make hid work.

For medium I’m working towards finding a product I like and comfortable with, I really like the coco bags, but I also like the cleanliness of the rockwool. And also I’m thinking going forward with shortages that rockwool will be more consistent then coco, the suppliers I was getting the Rio coco bags from aren’t getting anymore and will be using a new brand going forward.

I’ll have a write up tonight on my schedule so far.

4 Likes

Day 2 of flower, feeding both tables 3.2 ec. 81°60%.

Pore water ec in the blocks/ bags are around 4.5-7 ec right now at the end of the day, in the morning they are a bit higher due to a bit more dry back. I’m thinking the media ec should start building since I’m feeding for generative vs vegative.

What I’m aiming for is to follow this.

Tomorrow morning I’m going to feed 2% shots every 15 minutes an hour or lights on until I reach saturation. Then 2 more 2% shots. After that I’m going to let them dry out the rest of the day since I think I need my plants to build a bigger root mass.
If I dry down more then 25% before lights off I’ll give them another 6% shot then adjust for the next day.

12 Likes

These things are eating what I’m feeding them, coco bags are being fed 3.2 ec run off 4.4.
Biscotti and Payton are in coco.

The rockwool input is 3.0 and run off was 3.4 so I’m going to bump that up to 3.5 today.
Georgia pie, gm , apples & bananas, jealousy are in rockwool.
The coco plants have almost no purple and the rockwool is getting greener every day.
You can see below the actual media ec.

First two pics are the plants that prayed all night right until lights came back on.

10 Likes

With Athena during transition to prevent deficiencies at all this is what I do. Run veg nutes first week of flowering. Run a 50/50 mix of veg and flower for 4 days then I go into fill strength bloom around day 11-12. I foliar Epsom salt regularly in veg and until about day 17-18 and it keeps everything looking cherry.

5 Likes

Are you still under mixed hps and led?

4 Likes

Yep the epsom salt only seems to be needed because of the LEDs

7 Likes

I’ve been wanting to get some moisture sensors for a while now but I’ve been holding back because I thought they were going to be difficult to dial in, but that’s not the case at all.

I think these are going to be a game changer for me, yesterday after my p1 irrigation my rockwool saturated around 58-62% moisture content since my plants haven’t quite filled out the 6x6x6 blocks yet just the first set of irrigation was needed for the day yesterday.
During stretch I’m looking for a 25-30% dry back so this morning an hour after lights on I checked my logger and they had dried back to 38-42%. So let’s say 22%.
This mornings I’m going to feed them 3% shots every 15 minutes until saturation then 2 more 3% shots.
62-40=22%dry back. While the plants are being fed the 3% shots they are still drying back a bit so that’s why it’s 3% vs 2% to compensate for the 1% loss.
22%÷3= 7 feeds for saturation then 2 more additional 3% shots for run off.

I was feeding 3.0 ec but my run off was only 3.4 and the pwec was all under 7 so I raised my input to 3.5 today.

This is my first go at it and I’m following dankems schedule, he just updated it last night.

7 Likes