CRC taste like shit change my mind

I like dirt

4 Likes

So write one.

I know how to prewash media and stage proper depth filtration, most here do so we donā€™t need an SOP.

6 Likes

I passed a chloride farm salt flat yesterday, almost wanted to scoop up some fresh magic paste

2 Likes

no i dont see any experiment with testing??? can you show it to me or reference it???

3 Likes

God made dirt, dirt donā€™t hurt, put it in your mouth and let it go to work.

@Distillforeal you donā€™t have to prewash your media if your filtration is adequate. Staging filtration after the media is pseudo redundant, as going through the media is deeper filtration than most of our filters. But after the media having a series of discs will prevent any media slippage. Using a 5 micron, to a 1 micron, to a 0.2 micron to finish off will prevent any media from making it through.

0.2 micron. Thatā€™s pretty hard to get any media or silica through. Jokingly and seriously, if anything is capable of getting through my last stage of filtration, I want to dab it.

8 Likes

nothing i see comes out hazy like you sayā€¦ :man_shrugging:

do you have these test showing foriegn matter in your dabs??? or are these all assumptions???

I dont work with alcohol

5 Likes

So what one is it? Acid residue or silica residue? Weā€™ve all mentioned the silica and how itā€™s not this dangerous thing, but then you moved residue to be leftovers from acid activated medias.

1 Like

Passing thru a layer of neutral ph media at the end would help fix it. Might save our terps too during recovery

5 Likes

3 Likes

Alcohol allows you to see and residue fare better than butane .

Elaborate on this

6 Likes

the real issue is what to do with all our spent medias
Im thinking about picking pottery up as a hobby

11 Likes

This one certainly lists the correct way to set up a filtration over magic dirtā€¦

Which is the way they teach it in chemistry classes last time I checked (admittedly more than 30 years ago).

8 Likes

Nice find. Yes some talk about it but like I said most do not and thatā€™s all Iā€™m trying to fix. Prewash your media folks

1 Like

What if you add one of these at the very end to catch anything that makes it past the 1micron

3 Likes

What if you donā€™t use acid activated media?

3 Likes

Idk I havenā€™t experimented with it. But If the residues is from the acid activation idk if that would help

Washing celite 545 Iā€™ve turned ethonal hazy as well so idk

When setting a Buchner filter, you can get powder pulling through making it hazy, but repeatedly moving the same ethanol through the filter will set the filter so that nothing more comes through. You could it to come through clean the first time if your filter at the bottom had fine enough pores.

A proper CRC should either have a fine enough sintered disk at the bottom to keep any solids from moving through, or a staged filter that would do the same.

Ultra-Fine particulate making it into a final product, in an amount that is not even visible, should not worry you. Breathing the air in Cali right now is going to pose more of a harm.

5 Likes