CRC for newbs aka dummies

As alteady stated this question or something along these lines gets asked multiple times a month.
So understand when people are coming at you like that its because we have already answered it so many times to where its old now. I know ive answered the same question enough times that i no longer reply to the threads asking the same question.
Kinda gotta have thick skin around here.

1 Like

should we start a wiki ?

Xtractapedia?

6 Likes

eh the way I see it, to perform an extraction requires a lot of understanding of what you’re doing as things can really go south very quickly as we’ve seen on the news. If everything was laid out in a step by step process, more people that are simply not qualified will be attempting it, leading to more issues, and more hurdles for the legit extractors to jump through.

Part of the research step exposes you to countless experiences of things that may have gone wrong, or had the potential to go wrong, and you’re able to learn from others experiences without having to experience it first hand.

Maybe I’m old school but I value reading as much information on a topic, even if half of it isn’t really relevant vs having someone outline a procedure step by step.

Additionally, those who aren’t going to actually do research are the same people who will skim over a SOP and ask a million questions on it. Those who understand the process behind the SOP generally don’t ask any questions, or they ask really good ones. Because of this, a wiki won’t really do anything in my humble opinion.

7 Likes

Thinking about making pre packed filter setups with exact specs for what client would typically run, would all come preloaded naked ready to use, pull from sealed moisture proof bag & or container, then slap it into your setup “so to speak” & let her rip taterchip. Who would be interested in prepacked column\filter setups?

@iLLnyeTheShatterGuy

2 Likes

Thats how i have our setup.
Everything baked and pre weighed vaccum sealed bags.
Blew out my food saver doing it though

2 Likes

We wanna industrialize the production for consumers, given I have contact with a filter manufacturer too who can help this process custom column socks etc

Wow your not going to last long here at all. Or really in the cannabis industry for that matter if you can’t handle a bit of criticism for being to lazy( or stupid) to look up what crc means or what it’s “benefits” are. Good luck out there your going to get eaten up

that’s the beauty of it looking up what your researching then spending hours getting side tracked because you learned something else new while researching a different thing it’s a vicious cycle haha but an awesome one

2 Likes

The point I had was is not everyone is here to make these products. They see them in a store or instagram and end up here.

They don’t know what terms to search and just need a much more basic version of the information then a producer

2 Likes

Almost 20k posts read here. Y’all can send the newbs my way. I can write up simple copy and paste answers to these common topics for these guys.

This site is based on open source. Gatekeeping the information from the end users is counter productive.

It doesn’t bother me at all if someone has read one post or one thousand. There’s no need to treat people the way many of y’all do.

17 Likes

right, I don’t usually see things from that angle since I’m here to learn the craft and just wrongly assume everyone else is here for the same reasons. I see color remediation being mentioned everywhere, even BVV is on the wagon now, so to me it’s becoming as common as McDonalds to see. I just assume most people have a basic understanding of it now, but I have a tendency to wrongly assume things a lot :smiley:

1 Like

And this is how it’s supposed to be!

When @Soxhlet and others got tired spoon feeding. The ppl they spoon fed, us! Was then our turn to keep the OPEN FREAKING SOURCE going!

I’ve been the first to throw the stones w the spoons. But it is getting OLD guys

I bet quiet few you was fed a few spoons.

I sure was,. Thank God for ppl like @Soxhlet. @Killa12345 @Otscc @Dred_pirate for Not demanding the spoon. Their time has come and then it was others place to help. No we run off the noobs

If they would have I would have not learned anything here

It wasn’t their job but I think some of us can recognize a REAL spoon feeding from someone just learning!
The spoon can be there but y’all forcing it Down there throats in open source forum!

Make ur money where u can but some y’all hustling like crazy now.

Back off, y’all probably running some really great ppl off that could eventually benefit the community by answering all the spoon fed easy questions like I did and others did Forever,. And I did bc ppl did for me, was passing the great info!
But we run off all the noobs that would be doing this for us!!! I use to be one I know! We pick up the easy questions for the big guys bc they busy

Just think about it guys and gals. Bud supposed to bring us together, not turn us into money hungry fools like y’all can’t make $ already

It’s funny to a point but really guys

@Future I think it’s time to let the mods make stickys or pins at the top. Don’t think it will every stop that noob post, EVER. But might some

11 Likes

How did I treat anyone “bad” I said this industry is going to tear you up if you take offense to some simple criticism? Don’t be so quick to judge

Wasn’t directed at you specifically, there was a whole thread about it just recently. Don’t know why it tagged you

1 Like

I view it as a safety thing. If someone wont take the time to locate information via a search feature, read it a few times to understand it, then ask questions to fill in their gaps in understanding, I wouldn’t trust them to run a CLS in a competant manner. If you cant put in the work to understand, I wont put in the work to teach. I literally teach 16 people every day to operate precision rotating equipment that can suck you in and kill you…no major injuries yet. If the apprentice doesnt read the info we give them and make available to them…that’s their bad…they ask questions…the answer they get is did you read the paper we gave you? I match their effort. If someone is super passionate, it shows, they put in the work to understand the material, and I’m not explaining remedial shit to them every day. Now apply that to the forum…if they are passionate, they will read because they are driven.

5 Likes

:joy::joy::hammer::hammer:

1 Like

Lol too true.

I’d like to save some time and pay for some knowledge. Is that something you have time for?

2 Likes

This forum in a nutshell. Gold.

3 Likes

I’m somewhat newish around here. Don’t be thrown off by the attitudes. There’s some very knowledgable chemists on here who answer the same questions over and over all day long and even in their dreams. One of the guys who gave me attitude, in the beginning, I connected with and now think of as a friend! lol.
Be patient, be kind and helpful, and be resilient. You will learn a TON just by reading threads and looking around. Look around first, then ask. I have had the privilege of working in some big labs and I’ve probably learned as much in the lab as I have from the conversations around here because production labs tend to be laser-focused on production and not other processes. The guys on this forum are probably doing every process out there. Let these guys yell and you a little and you will end up with some very expensive knowledge, and eventually, they will stop yelling at you and you will likely be accepted, as you begin to contribute to the community. Be a giver, not a taker.

5 Likes