Crc diamonds hot jar tek

I’m so grateful! It’s a blessing what everyone has done for the industry!, okay thank you! I might try that on the sugar and see if it will make better structures! Thanks!

1 Like

So on 2/22/23 I started a recrystallization with butane as my solvent of choice. I redissolved the diamonds and waited till I hit my supersaturation level and then placed a seed in both jars and capped. And set on a 85•F lab grade hot plate. To finish the process, in a 3rd jar I took 60-70 grams of some super fire batter I made a week ago, super terpy and potent so I thought screw it! Let’s try to make some more diamonds, so I dissolved that in butane and then hit my supersaturation levels and a placed a seed, I’m excited to see what happens
All jars are at 85•F with around 10-13 psi per jar.

Bottom 3 are jar 2
Top 2 are jar 1

Based on what I just saw it might not hurt to run your extractions with colder solvent, or on prefrozen material, or ensuring there is no soak, or making sure the column isn’t heating up too much while you’re still moving liquid into the collection, or with a bit of filtration media, or all of the above to give yourself a cleaner starting solution. You’ll be amazed at what a difference it’ll make.

Also, in your most recent pictures it appears you are recovering too much solvent before capping your jars which is why you are seeing fine grain sugar.

2 Likes

Okay thank you! I will use a Buchner funnel with some charcoal and others, to filter the the solution before I do this again. And yes I know it’s dark, it was pre froze and ran at -100•F with a 30s soak before opening ball valve on my CLS. So what else do you think it could be ? And yes thank you I found that out through some testing, I had very little pressure so I just figured I evaped too much solvent and added more until I found a better point, not perfect tho. Thanks! Any help is much appreciated

Don’t go with charcoal or carbon activated medias. Use b80/t5 or luster max or perform 6000 or w1,w2,w3 for your best options on this. :metal:t3:

2 Likes

Oh okay thanks! First time I’ve heard that! Can I know why? And awesome I just made a order of w2 and T5 thanks again!!!

1 Like

Carbon is a good media to remove unwanted colors for something you’d be making into distillate but as far as diamonds and thca the ph of carbon makes it a to alkaline of a media to make fast crystallization happen and does tend to initiate either degradation of thca in small amounts to d9 if you don’t loose any overall on your tac.

The other medias will have more of an acidic property but more balanced ph property as well. Some medias when layered in right will always give you an even balance of color & ph property.

(I say ph property as it is a color reference but not due to the amounts of moisture content present for ph to actually be “present” )

2 Likes

Oh okay thanks I never knew it would throw the ph off that bad that’s awesome to know!
so these w2 an t5 will be more balanced medias for the ph and they wont degrade the thca? that is very interesting thank you!

Correct yes

If you’re talking about filtering in a buchner I’m assuming you mean using ethanol. That won’t work to remove the colors efficiently. You’ll want to filter it in a closed vessel with an alkane.

5 Likes

Okay I was just using that to remove little amounts of color and fats waxes lipids, just undesirables. And I haven’t used ethanol for any kind of remediation I just usually run the CLS -100•F and everything frozen.

First real Rock is forming!!! Thanks y’all!
For my second jar of sugar that I reX isn’t forming anything crazy yet?

Started a 3rd crash with some super terpy shatter, just redisolved into butane and filter minor fats and waxes. Now I’m just trying to find the solution supersaturation curve

I have been designing them for years.
Very cheap.

That truly is the best explanation I have heard yet! I couldn’t have put that better myself.

1 Like

I’m curious how you determine the psi in a jar without a gauge. I would honestly appreciate knowing how to get an idea of the pressure in a jar. I only use miners so I have very little experience with jars.

Do you have a method other than dry ice to achieve -100F?
I build custom refrigeration units and I have a hell of time getting past -20 with r290. Just curious in the event you also build refrigeration and have figured out how to get that low.

My most common CRC for standard practice is b80 that has been baked for a day in a vacuum oven. A lot of RH come out when I get it shipped from the Midwest. Lol.
I previously use nothing but perform 6000 due to it ability to make a great color with old material. What I run into is terpene isomerization when I get over 100g per lb of biomass. I’ve had years old flower that I was doing 10lb runs of and it took 2,000g of perform 6000 to clean it to a point of looking acceptable. The issue was that the person I was doing the work for claimed that every batch ran even with other strains had the exact same flavor and their customers were bored with it. Lowering the 6000 down to 100g per lb of bio mass and incorporating 50g of silica per lb and 50g of alumina per lb really made a difference in color and flavor according to the owner of the material.
After all of that material had been gone through I was able to use just b80 for normal newer material for the same person and others.

The point of all that disclosure is that recently when doing diamonds I have come to understand that using the perform 6000 with a oh of 2.5 has a positive effect for diamond creation. It was also explained to me that using DE, diatomaceous earth, would send the pH in the wrong direction as it is alkaline and at the end of the CRC stack. I use a 6 inch CRC so I am at the higher end with the alumina and silica. The next run I am going back to my 4 inch CRC with 25g of each alumina and silica and staying at 100 of the perform 6000 to try to determine if a smaller diameter CRC can utilize less media and produce the same product as at what point does it become a diminishing return. My assumptions are that the smaller diameter would of course cause more contact time with the same amount of media. At what point the media is essentially full and or looses or is ability to remediate is what I am going to figure out.
The main factor for waiting a long time to do this was not having enough of the exact same material to do 10 or 15 - 10lb runs with varying amount of each media and different sizes of a CRC.
I do not yet have a lot of experience in the diamond creation area. I do have a lot of experience building these machines and experimenting with media if anyone would find something I may know valuable I am happy to share publicly so all can benefit.

This tread may not be revived so I just want to thank everyone here for all the contributions. It took me a while to read all of this and it was quite interesting. Several people here were a great help in the journey to understanding how to achieve things that I have now.

Thank you all!

I suggest you go in circles if you want to exhaust your media: Opaline Silica Thread

it works for getting the cannabinoids out of your weed.

also works for getting the color out of your extracts…

2 Likes

I will read both of these, thank you.
If you mean that the media will rob cannabinoids I understand, I simply do not know at what point that will occur.