Crc diamonds hot jar tek

To avoid confusion, Buffalkill is referring to solvent:biomass ratio during the extraction, not oil:solvent ratio in the crystallization.

3 Likes

Thank you! I’ll post pics in a few of what they look like after the tweaks y’all helped me with!

UPDATE* the batch of sugar is forming into larger stones but still tiny. the other jar that was soup I added 15% terps so 56g to 8.4ml *from from a vacuum distillation run of White Widow I did last night. and mixed it together, thinking my material degraded and lost terps from light, oxygen and rough handling etc. so then I mixed it into the solution then capped and set on a hot plate at 80f and watched the jar pressure up. overnight I see super tiny clear rocks on the bottom, hopefully they are diamonds. but the solution is thick like raw honey, should I add more tane to this batch and see if that improves the crystallization? Thanks to everyone who helps! fell free to DM me and tell me what I’m doing wrong thanks again

the desired thickness is based on THCA content in the extract.
if you starting extract has a lower THCA content, you’ll want a thicker solution to make diamonds
if your starting extract has a high THCA content, you’ll want a thinner solution to make diamonds

in general, a good crystallization will start thin (because you used good extract), then it will begin to crystallize, and the solution will get thicker as the solvent evaporates. At the same time, THCA is crystallizing also, which makes the solution thinner. So you have to balance these two effects. This is akin to the metastable crystallization window; the longer you keep your solution in this zone, the larger/higher yielding your crystals/crystallization will be.

3 Likes

Here is what each jar is like on its 7th day. The first one had 4 days in a sub zero freezer. And the dark one with nothing didn’t get sub zero and is on its 7th day Are my saturation levels good enough? It’s like warm honey in the jar with no crystallization, and it’s more viscous in the jar with the sugar but no large stones. I don’t know why it’s forming small crystals and not bigger stones. I’m also tempted to open the jar with the small crystals and pour it and purged them, a customer need it’s soon. Thanks again. Is the darker jar in need of more solvent? Or vice versa ?

Can you define “metastable zone” or “Ostwald ripening”?

Being able to do so will up your game.

Right now you appear to be flailing around without an understanding of the critical concepts.

You can get from A to B in this manner, but it’s not the most efficient route…

This 30min presentation might help…

12 Likes

I haven’t found a solid metastable zone, I have the jar temp at 85F on both jars with a swing up to 90F, the saturation ratio is about is probably around 3:1 oil to solvent on the small sugared jar. and prolly 4:1 on the darker jar. all was done using a closed loop system all sub zero. at a ratio of 5lbs of solvent to a pound, yes I know that’s bad and leaving stuff behind, I changed that, that’s just what I did on this last run recovered to 0psi it was a soupy mix like warm molasses then I poured into jars and I let them sit till 50% of the mason jars were reduced leaving me with headspace, then I cap and slowly warm it up to 85-90F.

1 Like

Thank you I understand now, the sweet spots takes a variable of factors to achieve. I’m using every source I can to create my own, thank you so much!!

The last picture looks right to me. It will start as small sand-like rocks and will grow if the concentration is correct.

1 Like

37c in vac oven ( no vacuum just heat ) for 2 days after i did a cold crash to increase nucleation then i popped the jar in the oven 2 days ago! i’m excited to watch these babies grow

MAKE MY MONSTER GROW!
giphy

3 Likes

Okay awesome! I pulled the jar that basically looked like sauce after I saw no more froth happening. In the jar that you’re talking about the crystals are finally starting to form their crystalline structure! Is there any tips you would suggest to help further speed it along? Again THANKS TO ALL OF YOU!!! Love y’all!:metal:t4:

1 Like

Awesome! That’s what I did to my sauce/sugar batch and they bloomed overnight!. Then grew too about half the size of the total volume in the jar!

1 Like

Don’t touch em! Just leave it for a few weeks.

2 Likes

Fucking get it!!! Badass, man!! Nothing better than setting goals and fucking destroying them!!!

2 Likes

i wish i had a CLS so i could blast with a butane prop blend but as of now i just have access to ethanol and c02. so i use heptane as my solvent. i would have a much easier time getting shit to rock up for sure.

2 Likes

So that would be etoh you have in there currently or tane?

2 Likes

heptane

2 Likes

was 3:1 but now i have no clue… just gonna let em grow. separate, wash, then purge both probably in a week or so ? who knows how long the facets will take to finish out

1 Like

Looking good as they’re going, I was going To suggest heptane or pentane as I read you last response wrong, but as you use heptane that makes sense of course.

2 Likes

Here is jar 1 that failed. it’s a sauce with microcrystalline structure. Not too bad for first attempt right? My other jars are slowly starting to rock up. I’ll post pics in a few min of them.!

3 Likes