Crc clogged

Ok so you are using your dewax as your material column.
How big is the column? And how much material? Are you filling it and then hitting with n2 or passing through.
Whats under it to catch all the fats and lipids?

You sure lol

2 Likes

Only if your rig is pressure tested to 150 psi do that.
If you only pressure tested it to 100 psi dont pass that (preferably less)

The collum holds 1.5-2lb of fine trim. I run 8 lb butane then put n2 through it after. Nothing I thought the dry ice makes the fats and lipids stick to the material and not pass

1 Like

Theres your issue. Your clogging it with fats. You will probably have to blow pressure up from the bottom of your crc column to unclog it. Happened to me before.

You need something to stop the fats from getting to your crc. Go on waxplug1 ig and look for his fat catcher pic

Im surpised you ran so many succesful runs this way. I did it this way and this happened my first run at crc

1 Like

Makes sense. I’ll check it out for sure. Now that I look in the collection pot sight glass I can visibly see some fats usually never see any this stuff just must have lots. How much n2 should I do from the bottom ?

You have tane in the collection? The way i did it (didnt have n2 back then) was to close the collection pot and crank up the heat to raise pressure. And then opened the connecting valve to crc. You will have to play with it and it make take a couple trys. You can totally use n2 if you want. Id start at 50 60 psi. Make sure to bleed out the n2 in your dewax forst so theres low to no pressure

It’s finally flowing a bit now still slow but it worked for unclogging it

1 Like

I wouldn’t fuck with you

Well maybe I would, but that would be in italics.

2 Likes

Ya this is just so you can salvage the run. In the future dry your powders (less important) and run a fat catcher(more important). You can use another sintered disc with celite in it for that.

Tampons work too.

2 Likes

Tampons replaced sintered disc for me and we run 12hrs/day 5 days a week. I don’t remember the last time we replaced it.

Also we mix our Celite + clay together. Seems to help flow

2 Likes

Link ? What’s that

Poor man’s depth filter

AKA #tampontek

3 Likes

Yep, same here, my sintered disc just sit around now.

#tampontek all day lol

2 Likes

Weve been having major clog issues as well. Does the tampon need to be inserted into a vagina before i put it in my filter plate? Seriously tho…whats this tampontek and how do you make it squirrrrrrt

Duda diesel felt filters.

It looks like they’re all outta stock though for the smaller microns

Oh so i cant just use tampons?

2 Likes

https://www.amazon.com/Micron-Coated-Polyester-Filter-Filters/dp/B08819FQW7

You can get em from amazon. It looks like people went covid crazy on their stock to make masks tho

See link above ^^^ and the my post above it to see what we’re talking about.