Crc clogged

Hey guys I am getting no flow on this run haven’t had this issue before. I am running a 6 inch crc . 8lb butane at room temp ran through. Material packed tight like usual. T5 and silica. It was flowing and now it’s barely dripping for the last 45min never had this issue always run it the same way wondering what’s up ?? I am putting n2 through it at 50psi and nothing still just little drips.

What’s your pressure in your collection?

Maybe moisture in the material turned you powders to ice

7 Likes

No pressure in the collection

Are you dewaxing?

This material isn’t as moist as previous stuff I have ran

1 Like

Yea I am

My guess is fats binding it up. Or its freezing moisture in your crc. Are you drying your powders prior to use?

1 Like

What should I do to make it flow it’s bad no movement for a bit now

Are you drying your powders?

Pump up that n2. Lol

5 Likes

What powders are you using. Ive had to go up to 80 psi

I’m using t5 and silica and i don’t re use them only use them once so they are dried. And I’m up to 60 I’ll try 80 haha

No. These powders are absorbants. They absorb moisture from the environment. Your room or house or wherever you are at is not at 0% humidity. So therefore your absorbants absorbs the moisture. Search drying powders. Theres moisture in them when they are brand new. You need to do this before you use them

1 Like

I’ll look into it . I have done 50+ crc runs and haven’t had this issue before though I’m up to 80psi and it’s barely dripping still lol

Is your crc jacketed?

So your going from material to dewax column to crc column correct?

Not sure what that means.

Bump it up to 100psi

2 Likes

My Dewax collum is just another part around where the material goes in with dry ice so material collum then crc then collection pot