Contracting sop Providing CBN sop up to 5kg scale for (read me)

Ohh haha it’s me being a smart ass on large scale ops with a tls miner by shattergurljacqueline & her team. They do some bad ass work

1 Like

Fuck me silly I’d love one of them next to a sambocreekfiltration system :sob::sob::sob:

3 Likes

Tbh I’d go get the SOP from @anon93688 for half the cost lol

11 Likes

Be awesome

Interesting discussion but I don’t know anybody who would accept production limitations in a nascent field. Maybe a few who would say they would but they would’nt. This is still largely an illicit industry. Even the government has difficulty controlling it with a zero tolerance policy and lots of resources.

2 Likes

As soon as we have a CBN sop I’m posting it open source just to f with you and to help out people who need it.

Don’t withhold medicine from sick people you greedy twat.

31 Likes

@Rowan

But isn’t that what everyone is doing? Yes his offer was outlandlish but everyone who is working on it plans on selling the process or the product for inflated amounts?

If CBD is 3-4k a kilo, even at a 50% yield, should CBN cost the 35k-60k a kilo currently? Yes there’s a high demand but your argument is greedily withholding medicine, which current prices absolutely do.

3 Likes

Ok… Do you bunch of current/former criminals pinky swear that you won’t make more than 5kg a month? Do you promise to give me 20% of everything you make since it’s only gonna be 5kg? We’re all just a bunch of honest dudes, so if you pinky swear it you have to do it. You can’t sell any more or I’ll get really mad and won’t invite you to my birthday.

Wtf kinda deal is that. Unless you got a patent all anyone’s gonna do is laugh at you (see above) or just lie and make however the hell much they want.

6 Likes

@Future

I think this all begs the questions:

What defines the line between open source information helping patients and Intellectual property that benefits individuals and businesses?

What is a fair profit margin on these processes? Cannabis has always been inflated due to prohibition. The line of greed seems to vary person to person but it’s seems too common for those profiting to call out others also profiting at a rate they decide is unethical.

2 Likes

Y’know, make some money, but not too much.
:stuck_out_tongue:

It’s all gonna be economies of scale in 5 years. And we’ll all be out of a job/lab. Make whatever hay you can while the sun shines, before all the Giants block out the sun and little guys wither and die.

6 Likes

Or you know, build the infrastructure and skills the big guys will need when that time come.

CBD production has been all about scaling since day one; which is why we give tours of our lab daily. Who cares if people see our process, it’s literally only money that makes it grow.

The know-how and equipment has been developed since the start of the industrial revolution. Nothing we are doing is all that special.

9 Likes

I will agree this is one large demand for your SOP… i would assume no one will take you on this offer.

Hey everyone, here’s a free SOP for CBN from CBC as a starting material. I can help you do the math to scale it to 5kg if you can’t do it yourself. :wink:

To a stirred solution of CBC (300 mg, 0,954 mmol) in toluene (20 mL), iodine (472 mg, 1,860 mmol) was added. The mixture was refluxed and monitored by TLC (PE-EtOAc 9:1, Rf CBC= 0,27, Rf product= 0,29). After 3 hours, the reaction was quenched by addition of sat. Na2SO3 s.s. and extraction with EtOAc. After drying (Na2SO4) and evaporation, the residue was purified by gravity column chromatography on silica gel with PE-EtOAc 95:5 solution to afford CBN (5) as a brown oil (236 mg, 82%).

5 Likes

Thanks for copying this from a recent organic letters article. Many people on here will tell you that CBN is a light yellow distillate or white isolate. The report of a brown oil just says that these academics didn’t really care to refine their process much. @Dabatronicus remember that nasty brown CBN I first made…think someone from the forum would want that crap?

6 Likes

Exactly, anyone can repeat the same process that is not commercially viable or even likely safe to ingest. It’s always easier on paper then in practice. Most do not have the experience to know they are making a product safe for human consumption

This is why I think when moving past basic extraction and isolation, higher standards for consultation verifications should be implemented

3 Likes

Where do you find CBC? Or do I need to make that from CBD? Spoon please! :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Yea wondering how you are getting CBC as a starting material.

Gotta agree with @Siosis here…

2 Likes

So what’s the point of alchemy then? :rofl::sunglasses:

1 Like

He could have had a point possibly before he started talking about strategically exploiting people :joy:

3 Likes