Co2 terp extraction

Lol alien asshat

4 Likes

I ran a 20L - but yes, those parameters will work regardless of the size of your column. Just adjust your run time accordingly to the weight of biomass loaded

3 Likes

Hey I appreciate the tips, we just ran our 5L for a terp run:
76⁰F chiller temp
1100 ext column psi
Which put the separator column at 250-350 range (fluctuation I’m guessing due to environmental factors and a low bottle)
We ened up pulling Terps and THC-A
I think I’ll try to move the chiller temp up just a little bit next run. @Srgeo420 we currently have the #37 and the #28.

Either of u guys plan on selling any these terps?

@Srgeo420 @extractartist ?

4 Likes

Hey @extractartist your #28 orifice is your super-critical . Orifice sizes #37 ,#40 , #50 are used for sub-critical extraction . Pick the size that keeps your separator columns in the range of 350psi -400psi (fluctuation is due to diaphragm pumps pumping action) . adjust your chiller temp according to what it reads out on your Apeks machine screen not chiller… Good luck bro

4 Likes

@StoneD sry bro we reintroduce or terps back to it’s original oil for maximum flavor

3 Likes

#15/16 and #9 orifice? Is that for Apek? We currently have the Transformer 5L and I was told #37 and #40 for sub/terps and 28 for supercritical @TerpFiend

1 Like

Hey I appreciate the info @Srgeo420 we have been doing terpenes runs with #40 and pulling Opaque terpenes. With parameters:
Ext pressure: 1100-1150psi
Chiller: 79⁰F
I was told to have the separator pressure at 330psi.

Due to the lack of clarity, my thoughts are to shoot for a lower density/lower separator pressure?
Maybe something around 250-300?
I would greatly appreciate opinions by anyone well versed.:pray:

Your separator pressure doesn’t affect anything besides the back pressure for the pump. I would try to run your chiller colder. Try as low as 60defF. And maybe lower the duration of your terp pulls. The point is that terpenes come out first, so if you keep it going you will get those opaque compounds coming out. Shoot for closer to 30 minutes.

1 Like

Ok I have switched everything up now, I’m currently using 300-375 separator pressure as reference points for spray into collection.
Why would you refer to go colder on the chiller? @buckeyebuds
Using 1100-1150psi and stepping up the temperature I seemed to see better terpene results.
When we were running 65⁰F the terps and hydrosol came out in a hard to deal with slushy?

1 Like

Hi, I am running an Apex, and am familiar with CO2 extraction but not the apeks itself. I am getting some interesting results on my first runs. With the terpenes, I am getting a thick viscosity and what appears to be a hydrosol maybe?
With my full run I am getting a large liquid in with the crude that I have no clue what is.

1050 PSI and Temp at 77 for terpenes (7 mins per lbs.)
1800 PSI and 105 temp for full run (2-3 hours per lbs.)

Screen Shot 2020-04-20 at 6.03.22 PM

1 Like

Eden 20L

6 Likes

What exactly do you mean crc the terp fraction!?

Looks like the start of something great! Your close! What orfice are you using? And what Apeks unit?

Nice stuff man, almost identical prameters that I embarked on.

1 Like

What parameters are you running?

1 Like

Do you have an Eden or Apeks?

Neither

Here’s the terpene fraction I get from my apeks transformer. I run a little hotter than most people on here I suppose. However these terpenes were pulled off of some garbage old trim but the quality is still halfway decent. Heres comparison photos from a quick run. Left was run around 80f right is at 89f

2 Likes

Those look great for running “hotter”. Im also operating an apeks 5L

1 Like