Co-crystallizer

Ok let s stir the pot a little
So ketaminehydro cliride is a water soluble compound that cristelizes readily once super saturation occures
Now each solvent will give a diffrent crystal structure but to get crystelize in those litlle needles one needs to ad a
Co - crystelizer in the ketamine case maleic acid
Now co -crystelizers are usually added for a compound to enhance a property
Like disolving in a solvent or absorption by the body
Not really a lot for the visual like the example above
But are there any co-crystalizers known
For cannabinoids ?
And is there any info of crystal structure of diffrent solvents used for crystelization
I know that cbd is not a real crystal but would these apply to cannabinoid crystalas and what is known
Anybody ??

6 Likes

Ive thought of co-flocculants to aid against lipid deposition in winterization, but not co crystallizers, interesting…

9 Likes

CBD isnt considered a real crystal?

2 Likes

yup, add a little amino.

6 Likes

Reason?

I think it was @Photon_noir that mentioned it and i looked it up that indeed it was not

Guess someone is dooing it

1 Like

Indeed !!
Thx

2 Likes

Wow guess i didn t search right
This is already hot

11 Likes

I’ve been thinking of some sort of a system using proteins binding siteconfirmation to pull out specific compounds, I gotta check this out because it’s more simplistic yet realizes on similar chemistry.

2 Likes

Hmmm sulfur ,zink bonds hmm so many things to do so little time

1 Like

Amino acids are zwitterions and will be salt forms of themselves. @Roguelab is asking if there is a base that will deprotonate CBD and a conjugate base and conjugate acid will interact and crystallize together. Good examples of this are TBAF, PCC, TPAP NMO.

7 Likes

@ScoobyDoobie, and @Roguelab, CBD definitely exists as real crystals! I’m not sure where you might have heard that, but it was most certainly NOT from me! :flushed:
And who in the world thinks CBD is not a “real” crystal, @Roguelab?! Can you send me a link where you read that? I call shenanigans! :face_with_monocle:

Cocrystallization can be fun and profitable, for sure, but one must be certain of the health safety of any such species that would cocrystallize with cannabinoids prepared for ingestion, of course, but most especially for VAPING or SMOKING, since those can both introduce otherwise ingestibly safe chemistry that is potentially harmful or even lethal upon inhalation!!! Please, for the love of life and liberty, we do NOT need another nationally damning incident like the cutting/thickening agent debacle that is still hospitalizing and killing people!!!
:pray::pray:t2::pray:t3::pray:t4::pray:t5::pray:t6:

9 Likes

That screenshot shows 3 CBN molecules and calls them CBD, @Roguelab …? Thanks for the link to the l-proline article, though!

1 Like

I ll didn t realize i will search for the statement where cbd is considert a diffrent crystal than normal
Appolagies if that wasn t you

2 Likes

Maybe it was said that its not a piezoelectric crystal? @Roguelab @Photon_noir

1 Like

That is entirely possible, @ScoobyDoobie! I’m pretty sure it is not… though do you know why that would have been a question in the first place? :thinking: Thanks!

1 Like

@Photon_noir

1 Like

No. THCa is specifically a fairly strongly dielectric (insulating) material, so it does not conduct electricity. You can test this by just trying to put “sandy” live resin sauce into one of those cartridges where the whole atomizer (heater coil) and wick post comes out for filling. Screw it back together and the thin layer of smashed THCa between the post and the electrical contact blocks it from firing!

Also, the reason we are even able to use carts with cannabis materials in the first place is because cannabinoids, essential oils, and any carrier fluids or additives are non-conductive! I don’t recommend it, but have you ever tried firing a tank type cartridge after washing it and without letting it thoroughly dry out? Doesn’t work, does it? That’s because any vaporizer cartridge contents must NOT conduct electricity!

So now you know! :wink:

10 Likes

@Roguelab do you think that adding an amino acid to CBDa will have an effect on water solubility?

1 Like