It's Willbillytek. Duh

protecting the terps from evaporating by trapping them in the lattice is super sick and that is next level forsure. Props to anyone accomplishing that.

4 Likes

So I think the term is co-crystalizing based off this article.

https://pubs.acs.org/doi/10.1021/cg3002948

I’m a little unclear about the terminology and where it overlaps or stops. I don’t think it’s technically a polymorph because there are other molecules present, but I don’t know if it’s technically a polymorph of THCa (follow??) I think there was a link above somewhere describing the difference and thus where my clarity and confusion come from :rofl:.

6 Likes

The think about it is that people have been doing it unintentionally for a while, we just haven’t been looking for it

Anything that can crystallize will want to. Especially when under conditions that speed up the process

7 Likes

Cocrystallizing with terpenes eh! I know blue river was showing and claiming to have crystallized terpenes a couple of years ago.

Very interesting.

4 Likes

legit. the more full my jars the faster they sell… #density

3 Likes
7 Likes

Wasnt there mention of the process perhaps occuring at super low temps, like perhaps below the melting point of common terpenes? Perhaps you can cocrystallize with terps at their melting point and once crystallized they remain stable at warmer temps?

3 Likes

@TurahTurah. What’s your hunch in terps that might be co crystelizing ?
Wich one
I have been observing there molecular structures and have a few options although I don t think it s any of them
Even thou the claim is denser crystals
Polymorfism moves both ways and
Larger crystal cavity s could also be a reason for more terpenes to get trapped
I miss the spirit to all join forces and crack this phenomenon as we had in CRC teck where several of us took on the challenge and started
Trying out diffrent powders

6 Likes

Could it be, MENTHOL!?!

Checks a few boxes…

6 Likes

Might it defenetly has that sportllife chewinggum color :grin:
Since I am no chemist and my approach is trail and error I guess I have to get me self a decent batch of Thc-a

6 Likes

, adding a waveplate can distinguish between the two, because 100 nm, when additive with 550 nm will retard light of 650 nm (red-orange) and the crystal will appear blue–the complementary color. When 100 nm is subtractive, light of 450 nm (blue-green) will be retarded and the complementary color of the crystal will be yellow.

2 Likes

@silverstudent
Can you get a hold of a microscope picture of Thc-a ?

I did identify it. I’m a weirdo. :nerd_face: :face_with_monocle: :man_cartwheeling: thats only reason @TheWillBilly even responded me.
I looked for things that the molecule needs to crystalize. thats how I figured it out.

10 Likes

@QGA ? Buddy get involved please

2 Likes

At risk of asking you to lead a horse to water, could you explain to a simple non-chemist what those things are? I assume any molecule that can stack in a simple repetitive way that’s thermodynamically stable is what’s required, but I don’t have a keen understanding of what factors to look for to find that

3 Likes

Diffrent drug NOT Thc-a
The funny thing is this is co-crystelization of the drug with sugar maintaining it s cubic crystelization structure
Reason we do it is to avoid vaporizing large amounts by consumer for the drug it self
Is very strong and abuse (od) lurks

6 Likes

Can I ask what it is?

3 Likes

Lol everyone has been praising this tek but in reality its just another synthetic cannabinoid research chem.

1 Like

:rofl: thca is a research chem?
:salt::salt::salt::salt::salt:

How can something be 100% thca and have crystalized Terps inside?

1 Like