Cloning/taking cuts

As far as aerocloning, I like if I can strip the stem by pullling on the node. Stripping it lilke that makes crazy roots. But otherwise i do a scrapes. also chlorinated water is way better than well in cloning.

3 Likes

That’s what I call the sweet spot :call_me_hand:

1 Like

This is the best method! Loose fill with a finely graded perlite. Also, for greenhouse growing, a thin layer of vermiculite sprinkled over the loose fill soil , as a finishing dress, will help reduce pest populations. Rooting takes a fair amount of water the first few days. This typically creates a prime environment for root maggots, shore flies, and gnats, ECT.

Also important tip! When taking cuttings fully submerse the cut in water for no more than 5 minutes but at least 2 minutes. Saturating all the foliage of the cutting will help the plant greatly. Most importantly most pests can not hold their breath very long! From my observations thrips hang on the longest but still croak after a good minute. Mites appear to drown quickly!

8 Likes

103 (685-692).pdf (191.3 KB)
:call_me_hand:

4 Likes

@CapitalismSucks420 its all environmental. Literally every method works. Cup of water. Strike straight into soil. Aerocloner. Rockwool. With hormones or without. Trimmed leaves or not. Whatever’s clever.

I take a half bucket of perlite, flood it with water so they’re saturated. Scoop out the perlite into your solo cups or what have you, and strike clones straight into it.

5 Likes

I just worry about the outdoor plant cuttings going indoor and look at the pictures. Is that normal?

they cant be overwatered if they dont have roots. i think a dome would perk them up but then wean them off the dome.

1 Like

They’re too tall to dome:/

I use two clear plastic tubs stacked. generally no dome is needed but i use that for quarantine

1 Like

Could i put a bag over?

like I said 2 tubs one upside down. the height of those clones one tub could do it. check out teh stores and get a tub with clear lid, walmart usually has them.

2 Likes

I have a plastic tupperware container. Gonna get em misted praying to GOD and whatever other Pagan Gods, Sun God, Nordic Gods, Etc. their are that the clones in tent are ok.

I took more last night before it rained and i tucked em in my garage, warm and humid, at night, no light, and they are doing well

I would like to see a video of you trying to shove a rooted clone into a Rockwell cube.

1 Like

None have rooted. I took them off and put them in rockwool.

I really hate rock wool.

7 Likes

Idk tbh I’m just using what I can to get roots lol

1 Like

reduce transpiration (put a bag over their heads).

BIG clones work in aero cloners.

you should also check out some of the other threads on the subject: Lets talk Cloning! & Clones

5 Likes

In over 20 years ive never even tried rockwool I remember the old pics were in grodan cubes I had homemade cloners years ago but I think that was to fill a undercurrent setup. Now im back to cloners but may try your light peat stuff. i remember great roots from that years ago too but usually run coco. the light peat can root really well.

1 Like

Thanks. I’ll toss a bag over the tall ones rn. Plastic bag or?

I’d tend to reuse a bread bag.

Or maybe a 2litre PET soda bottle with the bottom cut (comes with a handy vent to help at hardening time)…

Which is another opening for: Let them eat PET!

4 Likes