Cloning/taking cuts

I have a plastic tupperware container. Gonna get em misted praying to GOD and whatever other Pagan Gods, Sun God, Nordic Gods, Etc. their are that the clones in tent are ok.

I took more last night before it rained and i tucked em in my garage, warm and humid, at night, no light, and they are doing well

I would like to see a video of you trying to shove a rooted clone into a Rockwell cube.

1 Like

None have rooted. I took them off and put them in rockwool.

I really hate rock wool.

7 Likes

Idk tbh I’m just using what I can to get roots lol

1 Like

reduce transpiration (put a bag over their heads).

BIG clones work in aero cloners.

you should also check out some of the other threads on the subject: Lets talk Cloning! & Clones

5 Likes

In over 20 years ive never even tried rockwool I remember the old pics were in grodan cubes I had homemade cloners years ago but I think that was to fill a undercurrent setup. Now im back to cloners but may try your light peat stuff. i remember great roots from that years ago too but usually run coco. the light peat can root really well.

1 Like

Thanks. I’ll toss a bag over the tall ones rn. Plastic bag or?

I’d tend to reuse a bread bag.

Or maybe a 2litre PET soda bottle with the bottom cut (comes with a handy vent to help at hardening time)…

Which is another opening for: Let them eat PET!

4 Likes

Could a paper bag work?

The @demontrich SOP is the best to ship clones with 2 solo cups, Ocean Floor soil., 3.5" foam disc, tape and chinese LED light. Please offer him to pay him for the best way to ship clones through USPS.

The next best alternative is a rooted plug, wrapped in a gallon bag folded over several times for support shipped in a flat rate box.

7 Likes

Yes sir
I figured out how to make a clonee shipper for 4.00 vs 13.00 for an actual clone shipper

8 Likes

I found some 1x5x20” hard plastic boxes recently (not thin similar to tote plastic) that lock, led strip on top inside & wrap rooted plugs to protect roots, they don’t move at all & can fit 5 comfortably. Wrap in bubble to give extra filler & protection on outside, fits a large skinny fedex box no problem.

I remember my grower friend told me about shipping clones. You better have luck 100 if you want it to land.

You could try trimming the fan leaves if they aren’t praying. Until they get roots going, big cuts like this trend to have issues keeping up with their own water needs.

3 Likes

I use 1 gallon water jugs in this fashion, cut the top of and they are perfect “domes” for transplanting and cloning. @cyclopath you should try it as well.

2 Likes

I did that yes. I have a distilled water jug over one and no dome over one, experimenting lets say. I have shit ton of cuts rn, too many. Ill chop fan leaves off

So far only had to remove a few. Natural selection.

Heres a pic of my ladies too

nah, I’m good.

I know how to root large clones with no need to cover or remove leaves to reduce transpiration.

see: Clones thread if you haven’t already.

7 Likes

Totally, lol, I love my clone tables and agree that good clones don’t need covering.

2 Likes

I have never covered a clone, either. Maybe it has to do with the ambient humidity where one happens to be, in regard to it being important.

5 Likes