Clear or triple pass distillate?

Has anyone heard of triple pass distillate? I had some one asking for it referring to it as clear? I haven’t heard of this before.

Would making diamonds then decarbing them be about the same thing?

Thanks for any insight

Such an interesting topic.

I only hear people refer to things being “clear” as those going through chromatography after distillation… but maybe people use it to talk about other things. I also hear people talk about it regarding conversion products, but they wouldn’t also call it 3rd pass.

Certainly I’ve heard of 3rd pass distillate - that’s something that gone through the wiper or short path multiple times (aka 3 times). Usually I do 1 to 2 times based on potency and color of the material. I haven’t had to do 3 times in a very long time… but you could, you’d just leave some stuff behind.

Probably better faster ways to get there these days…

I suppose you could decarb diamonds to get to a light amber or almost clear colored oil… but then you wouldn’t have diamonds anymore… I always thought it was weird to isolate things like diamonds, just to make them into a less isolated product like distillate, but who am I to judge if you want to make things that way!

Where you been bro?

So, will your old school head accept decarbed thca isolate instead? Maybe. They don’t sound super informed, so it could go either way.

If you’re doing this right you never had diamonds.

If it’s faster and less effort, and affords equal or greater purity, it seems silly to go the long way round unless you’ve got a good reason.

I can’t think of many (minors come fee with your hot dog water).

The tracking problem (lack of accumulator tags) in metrc is what currently keeps me from making dish-dillate with cannabinoids (dish-liquor) reclaimed in our dish-licker (dishes aren’t yet clean, but the good stuff is gone :shushing_face:).

7 Likes