Cleaning shatter/sap

Yea i dont think id smoke a hexane slab. Unless someone here can prove that it is possible to make a clean hexane slab im skeptical

3 Likes

Hexane would be more realistic over heptane, though. I personally would use pentane for this.

@sonicgardens they are all hydrocarbons, just short chain versus long chain. Or the other way around, Iā€™m not fully awake yet. But, they are easy to use and less explody than butane. Nonetheless, be very careful and have adequate ventilation

4 Likes

I seen @BG305 runs warm and is having great success.
It makes sense cost wise as well less dry ice used and Iā€™m losing 5-8# of solvent because itā€™s frozen in there. So I thought Iā€™d give it a try if I fail miserably Iā€™ll just add my crc to the other side of my dewax.

I know, it looks pretty with great returns. But im highly sceptical about fat content of finnished product. I did a warm with t5 only and it had a ton of fats, i had a filter failure when i tried same formulat as his powders so my results were i conclusive. I still believe there will be alot of fats passing through.
When i run cold i get stellar products, even with my trim runs. They are beter than most ppls flowers runs up here

1 Like

I guess im not a very knowledgeable hydrocarbon guy. :sweat_smile:

No hexane is not for slabs :fist_right:
IT s scent treshhold is 30 ppm
No vac oven can cut that
But iT s a great solvent

5 Likes

I would puke

You young lads are spoiled
We used to smoke hash smuggeled in diesel tanks
Those spliffs would catch a fire When lit :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

19 Likes

Omg, why would you

And thats how RSO was invented :joy:

12 Likes

All kiding appart
I can really recomend a final filtration treu one of these
I have used iT Well over a month now with No isseus and No loss of speed
And not a speck passing treu

Pre filtered solvents passing treu of course and the have a ss housing for them If iT makes You feel safer

7 Likes

Morning ,
HĆØ dred do You find magnesol usefull in the end ?
Wonder If i should get me Some
Also wonder If placing magnesol in a
Furnace at 625C wil make it activated florasil or magsil
Gota get me one of those little pottery furnaces :grinning:

2 Likes

I was totally wondering that. If it is just ā€œheat treatedā€ it should be calcined after that.

I havenā€™t been using it as much as of late. But I may include it on occasion to use it anyway. But, I do like this idea of putting it in a kiln

1 Like

What is that?

1 Like

Whereā€™d you find that thing? I really want someone to make these with some powders of choice loaded inside

3 Likes

I was thinking the same thing

1 Like

Haha. You should see the rso that I make.

1 Like

These are sanatary clamped filters made by pall ,satorius
I bought boxes at a auction
But these are 0.2 mu filters
5 bar proof and They work great
You can be confident placing one in line Any powder gets caught
I filter everything Well before i pass treu this and iT has done a great job so far

4 Likes

i had a filter paper blow out during crc last night so the next run upset i skipped crc and the material picked up a horrible green.

before seeing this thread I was about to dissolve it all in butane and use my cls like a buchner with the crc filter later today. guess iā€™ll grab some before and after pics.

4 Likes

That is pretty much the same thing i was planning on, but add some dewaxing also

1 Like