Cleaning shatter/sap

Well i disolved 85 gram of old stuff with 7030 ntane. Can barely see through it in the light.
I let it set for 6hrs in my home made miner.
Now its sitting in my freezer till tomorrow night or the next day.

My plan is to scrub it with powders.

8 Likes

Dilute the shit out of it and push it through, you’ll be very happy

4 Likes

I seen your post in crc thread and figured i would start a thread about cleaning up stuff with tane. This was some old shatter a friend had. Figured i would post all my results as i go like you did

2 Likes

needs more solvent.
make sure you show us all the nasties you pull out.

3 Likes

Im going to run 6lbs of tane with it with the cls. Not doing funnel teck

4 Likes

Do you have a jacketed spool at all?

1 Like

Kinda, an open 18x3. Are you thinking run it through a filter into a jacketed column, filter then send through powders?

1 Like

Would you be able to send it through that, dewax for a little bit, then through the media?

2 Likes

That were i thought you were going with that. Im sure i could pick up a gal of 99% iso or acetone and a few lbs of dry ice.

1 Like

Being concentrated in less solvent may help drop more fats out.

4 Likes

I was going to see how it looked in the morning with the waxes. But was definitely going to filter it first, but a colder dewax for an hr would probably be a good idea also

1 Like

Putting it in the freezer is a 2 in 1 action. It will coagulate waxes and allow me ot open the container

1 Like

After you leave in the freezer lump it out and dilute in a little bit more solvent then send it to the column and chill her out for an hour or two and let her rip

2 Likes

That what i was thinking. Put a filter stack on it, attach to the dewax column. Push more enough tane to fill that column. Let set for awhile, then crc.

1 Like

Yea. And that should be a good ratio for that amount of material, too. I’m interested in seeing the outcome.

I’m gunna make a PBJ with a tortilla.

8 Likes

Why not filter through crc into dewax?

After.

A large number of the solubles and plant fats hold color. Why not filter them (dewax) out first. Then use the adsorbents.

6 Likes

What the reason for dewaxing before crc? Doesn’t the crc media work better with warmer solvents? I think that’s what I’m noticing anyways.

Seen your edit after.

2 Likes

I was about to mention. I think I made my edit when you dropped your comment.

1 Like

It would work better if he could go into another column with the clay of his choice. Let it settle and shake it about. Then flush through a filter

2 Likes