Cleaning shatter/sap

And I’ve had zero problems running cold and @sonicgardens hasn’t had an issue, either.

Inactive compounds cancel out active compounds. The fewer inactive compounds, the better presentation of your concentrate

4 Likes

So far i know t5 doesn’t grab waxes. If you freeze them out first you have less shit to clean up.
Tbh this is stuff u ran a yr or so ago from a clients crappy mishandled material. So im not sure how many fats im going to get.

Im still going to dewax it thought

1 Like

After the iso or acetone settles down in the chamber, that means it’s not fighting anything to maintain its temperature. Then set your timer for your hour or two.

1 Like

Hm. I’m redesigning my lab and to help with recovery till I can get a new pump I was thinking of running warm solvent through warm material through crc to dewax column. Rely on passive recovery to the dewax. Should help out my crappy pump but hopefully I can still remedy the colour with all the extra crap I am going to pick up.

I’m going to try and clean up some material tomorrow. I don’t have a site on a column what ratio of solvent/shatter do you recommend to dissolve the shatter?

Hit dred up, he has the passive game down. He runs extremely cold. No need to run warm. Why would u dewax after. That doesnt make sense.

1 Like

Make sure all added powders are frozen to
And be. Carefull with bentonite iT might froth a lott

1 Like

I have also experienced that placing i. My case bentonite in the pot before filling and freezing make the Waxes floculate to the botom and freeze up in a puddle at the botom (-86C)
Tipping the tank and filtering then makes iT a lot easyier for most bentonite is stuck at the botom

2 Likes

Hey @Roguelab , I’m on the same page with you, working on some color remediation with dark old sugar. My plan was to dissolve in a heptane, freeze the solvent, then pass it through like a winterization process. Working from cold back to warm using minimal hep if possible. Final polish would be through a bed of Sil-60, maybe mag-sil. Evaporate the heptane in the oven, pull vac.

Goal would be hopefully remove majority of terps, salvage the crystals, and be able to create a stable, less color, flat diamond shatter.

I’ll keep you posted. Keep up the great research and thank you for sharing. :pray:

1 Like

Im a bit leary getting it that cold. I would like to get the waxes to lump up without trapping thca in them. Plus i dont the knowledge for properly utilizing heptane

1 Like

I save all My crap and once in a while i. Proces that do a first pass and then start polishing :sun_with_face:

1 Like

Plus i havent figuref out which dirrection i want to go with this polished turd. Shatter or sugar dimonds

1 Like

Once clean options are limitless
Bleach the hell outoff iT first. :grinning:

3 Likes

Pull fats then scrub. I figure out the rest after.

3 Likes

Thats what i did turned to a pretty crumble
In the end
AC bentonite and florasil 60 mesh did the trick for me
Florasil did most of the magic
From dark amber dissolved in butane to this

The shatter was still amber light thou
But the crumble a pretty yellow

10 Likes

@sonicgardens @Roguelab Had a correction for you guys. It’s Hexane, not heptane I’m running. Hexane has a extremely low boiling point which is easier to remove at the oven stage.

I use both in my science, I’m old and get confused. Heptane will work but it’s a bitch to remove without a proper roto.

Heptane BP: 98c/219f
Hexane BP: 68c/155f

:slight_smile:

5 Likes

Im doing a similar experiment.

Dissolved darker oil in butane. Sat the tane on dry ice.

Poured a shit load of mag sil. Mixed it up like i was making cookie dough with gloved hands. Lost a finger to frost bite (jk).

Next im going to load a column with clean filter media at the bottom. Then, ill load the mag sil/ resin on top.

Updates coming in next few days

9 Likes

this is the ultimate test… im gonna start the clean up contest here today i think. Im looking forward to seeing the black to clear transformation.

5 Likes

I am old to :rofl:
And indeed hexane is My alkane of choice to
Everything yust works better with hexane
IT s a bitch iT s the leasthealty of them
One of the reasons i want to check butane :+1:

3 Likes

Pentane?

LOL :joy::rofl::joy::rofl:

5 Likes

Im just a hydrocarbon guy. Have no clue about any other solvents.

2 Likes