Cleaning shatter/sap

Ok so far step 1
After about 40hr in the freezer im send through a 5um filter, into another 6x3 column. That has a filter stack with 11 um paper and a 3um screen under that. Into a dewax column with dry ice/acetone slurry

Garage tek :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Some nasty shit that was stuck to my lid

First 5um pre filter

4 Likes

More solvent less oil, or get broken down better

I like to get my oil warm and add to tane slowly… Then pour dissolved tane oil into another jar warm oil frozen to bottom, getting it really broken down good first should really help you

2 Likes

Not saying you shoud try this but i accidently dropped dry ice into my pot one time…that pot is a pot i used to let the solution sit in for 3 hrs with dry ice around it in a cooler to winterize…what i saw qas the dry ice made it bubble up and react a lil violent…then it settled and looked winterized withing 10 min…the solution reacted because it was warmer than the ice…the ice chilled the solution really fast

4 Likes

I tried 200gs of brown shatter with 215gs of t5(all I had left) it came out a very light orange and I lost 3gs. I’ll say there was maybe a g lost in the recovery. Do you think 2gs of colour was removed?

Possibly, thats alot more than im doing atm.

@Waxplug1 i could have tried that 2 hrs ago lol.

2 Likes

I still cant say it did something good but it was an observation i made from a mistake which ima look into more…when it happened i was like

12 Likes

First 11um paper and 3um screen before dewax column.

Now that everything has pulled through first set of filters, i added tane to the column ( 3/4 full) . I didnt weigh how mucmuch i added

1 Like

That’s surprising amount of weight. I wasn’t really impressed with the colour change either.

1 Like

I wasnt with t5 by itself either, but i probably didnt utilize the powder the most effective way either

Lol, Isnt that how it usually goes. That has been most of my learning curve.
Thats how i went from sap to shatter 6 yrs ago when i first started

1 Like

If you already have it frozen for 40 hrs while disolved, couldn’t you just run it through filter plates first to dewax, and then warm it in the mix column to build pressure through the Crc?

Note to self, 11 um and 5um are to fine of filters to dewax with out added pressure.

Doing a multistage dewax like dred was talking about a while back. Trying to trap less thc in the fats

1 Like

Glob of crap after dewax. Its been gassing for an hr or so.,
I didnt use coffee filters to dewax. Just scraped them on there

2 Likes

Soak that in alcohol and winterize it for a seperate project

3 Likes

I would if i could

1 Like

Had i few missteps yesterday. I added another step to how i usually scrub. I didnt put the rite end cap on. So my second stage dewax did go perfectly. I had an eruption. I was able to salvage some of it. Its in the ove atm. Ill post pics soon

1 Like

Well its not clear, but its no longer sap and tastes great. Btw this isnt my entry in the contest.

9 Likes

What is a good ratio to dissolve shatter to run through crc?

When you say eruption. Did your product expand rapidly when you where taking your lid off of your collection pot?