Cheapest dry ice

Hey everyone,
Let’s list where we get our dry ice so everyone stops getting such a large greentax. I live in Oregon and go to artic ice at 70c

1 Like

$0.45 here in Saint Paul MN
high density rice

3 Likes

$.25/lb of nuggets direct from Praxair in 500lb totes in Washington state. The tags on the totes always say about 520-570 lbs of net weight. There is a $30 delivery fee though.

2 Likes

50 cents a pound at hfs or xtractor depot

2 Likes

You guys looking for anyone to work in the lab?

Big of energy/ox carbonics in New Denmark, WI

$0.32/#

2 Likes

Has anyone found any cheap non pellet dry ice se Michigan? Buds hydro in Monroe has .50 a pound pellet dry ice that melts to quickly

USA labs offers rice and pellet and i think another way. They’re like 69c/lb

1 Like

Harris teeter grocery stores, they’ve been charging me 1.39/lb. I don’t use much or I’d have to find better

Ya’ll’s account managers are probably not gonna love you posting your prices online :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Econoblast on 8 mile (warren side) has rice di for $1/lb.

Next door to bdt smoke shop in hazel park on John R rd, has rice di for $.80/lb ii4c.

1 Like

$1.00/lb. Been a frequent customer after finding that place. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Competition drives market prices down for consumers

2 Likes

Where in St. Paul can I find dry ice at that price. Thanks.

How the fuck does prax air get $2 a lb out of us? I’m in BC Canada

Call up and talk to your account rep. Praxair charges me much much less than that down here in Seattle

.35/.45c down here in SoCal at xtractor depot
.45c at hfs in Covina
Air n gas is 1.00$ on the pound
Smart n final is 1.50$ on the pound
Wholesale Ice cream vendors here in SoCal are about .65c/.75c on the pound but it’s in big ass block form

1 Like

Heres a receipt from praxair for only 70lbs of dry ice at $0.40/lb with no account. Should help u price check ur local praxair

3 Likes

Any one else been told/charged the new surcharge for dry ice as there is supposedly a shortage of co2. Local place i go had this whole print out about it and there charging for it

2 Likes

That’s weird because praxair told us that the dry ice comes from Canada! I guess they have this ginormous piston far up north that compresses the air forcing dry ice bricks to form then they ban saw it to 50lb bricks and send it south to be further processed. They said the machine has been around since the 1800s and that there are only a few of these in the world.

4 Likes