Cheapest dry ice

It went up 5 cents per lb where I’m at.

This is all true. They cut the bricks down in Kent, WA.

They have another source of it as well. It is a by-product of ammonia production i think.

4 Likes

What a trip

Lol, that’s ridiculous. The sublimation rate is 3-6% per day, unless they are shipping it down by cargo jet…

Wait, the off-gassing would suffocate the pilot. Maybe they just have no clue what they’re talking about…

2 Likes

Yes, with ethanol production severely down due to reduced fuel sales the harvesting of co2 is very limited right now.

Your ice price is just the tip of the iceberg…

Jasons Dry Ice, but you have to set up a commercial account with them and buy 500lbs at a time.

My dry ice place will price match invoices… Guess who’s about to get $0.40/lbs dry ice now… Thanks for the invoice @Thetetraguy
I had been getting $0.60

2 Likes

I can get you a .35 invoice next week from hfs.

Or text nina from hfs and tell her to text or email you an invoice for 500 lbs and she’ll send it your way. Just in case anybody wants to do it its that easy

1 Like

Youve got me thinking now. I wonder if most dry ice places price match. They probably do… Im going to bring an invoice into some local spots and see if i can start going somewhere closer.

1 Like

That’s exactly what I did… From my understanding these dry ice places have some good margins so there’s definitely room to negotiate. I’d love that $0.35 invoice. There will be some finesse involved to make sure they don’t notice the location of the invoice

Good point. Nothing a little finnagiling cant handle.

1 Like

A lil accidental tear a lil fold in just the right spot and krinkled in your pocket

2 Likes

I wonder what suppliers are paying for dry ice. We need to be like these weed brokers and find out the price of a box and try to get that price on a lb lolol

4 Likes

Oh yeah, definitely a mountain I can climb just thought I’d bring it up for anyone else :wink:

The place by me spent 60k for a dry ice machine and it was paid off in 2 months and then in the black now theres more.

1 Like

How are they doing it? And how big is said machine

1k+ gallon co2 tank and a giant compressor that compresses the gas/liquid and into dry ice comes out about the size of a sharpie. Whole thing would fit in a 40” container or so and thats with 2. Ill take a pic for you, most expenses after the 60k is the permits and engineering but there killing it non stop all day a sea of totes, and im in BFE. Imagine in a real city. They migjt have an IG that shows it. Eureka oxygen is the company

3 Likes

Come check out our facility out or take a look on Insta. We manufacture dry ice in Eureka, and Richmond, CA. Let me say that again, we manufacture it, we don’t middle man it. Bring us your current price and we will see what we can do to price match or beat it!

The up front capital expenditure for installing a dry ice manufacturing plant between the permits, concrete for the bulk tank, ballasts, electrical work, paying engineers, etc adds up very quickly. Trust me, we’ve done it now in 2 locations in the last year and a half, and now LA is coming on line in the next 60 days. As concentrated humboldt mentioned there is the cost of investing in the totes, the actual bulk tank, and so much more!

I also urge people to look on our Instagram for the post on why it’s so important to use a dry ice manufacturing machine that is made out of all stainless steel. Never want to speak poorly about another supplier but many use a TomCo(bc it’s cheaper), which is not made out of all stainless steel and does not make as dense of an ice as our machines do. I’ve had labs tell us 100 lbs of our ice is like getting 200 lbs from our competitors because our ice sublimates much less. Furthermore, with the capacity to make 1800 lbs an hour in Eureka, and 1600 lbs an hour in Richmond we don’t make it the night before, let it sit, and then deliver it. We make it day of and deliver it to you fresh so you get the most bang for your buck. We know alot about this subject so please ask any questions. Thanks.

6 Likes

Ya i definitely notice a huge difference when getting direct or from say nhs, weight is weight but the stuff direct last alot longer from the density of it not being porous from sublimation, at least thats what it seems like. I figured after the initial machine cost after everything probably in it a good quarter mil or so

3 Likes