Cellular Wafers are the future of drug delivery tech!

Does this kind ot lecithin works?
Ill give it a try,ill post results here

Can sunflower lecithin be used in place of the soy lecithin?

2 Likes

Yeah that will work great

1 Like

You can but I think sunflower lecithin tastes too strong for most applications

3 Likes

Yeah it can produce stable emulsions that outperform the fancy nano-emulsions. It can be turned to a powder and used in any medium, even low ph liquids

1 Like

What do you mean by “sodium hydroxide buffered”?

We need another ingredient to achieve “buffer”…

2 Likes

Yeah - otherwise the pH is much higher like 12.5-13. for Sodium Hydroxide. Are we using something else in the solution? Are we saying the other ingredients are providing this buffering ability? Are you using the lecithin as the buffer? I mean… that’s a lot of lecithin…

Do you have the tables in mols per reagent? :smiley:

2 Likes

Citric acid and Potassium Citrate usually

I really don’t know the full relevance of the ph during every step. I’ve made extremely powerful batches with tap water and no attention to ph. Ph readings are difficult to achieve as well once everything is in solution due to the oil content of the mixture. The orientation of the phospholipid chain can cause phospholipids in solution to behave as a web that exposes or entraps water content. There are also multiple compartments forming with varying densities and ratios of solvent/water/oil/api. Each one of these compartments will have different ph capacity. This isnt an entirely homogeneous emulsion until the final step. The lecithin will fraction out and pull different ingredients into the different layers. It breaks the azeotropic bond between the ethanol and the water. Incorporating ph considerations and alterations has always been a future task for me but never a priority due to the high functionality of a non-ph adjusted batch. I have some opinions about ph alterations due to the fact that I toyed around with them for a bit. But I accidentally made some stuff that targeted heart tissue too selectively. It would make your heart race and it also had a strong affinity to potentiate water soluble drugs, whether they were in the stomach or in the bloodstream already. I have some theories of mechanism for how alkaline dissolved phospholipids could flood the bloodstream and blanket free floating drugs and/or create temporary ph alterations at the cell sites around receptor interfaces. This could in theory cause a temporary flood of a substance into cellular compartments that can potentiate them after they’ve already went into the bloodstream. Enzymatic deactivation, receptor competition, receptor shielding, endosomal retention reversal, etc. Who knows what all mechanisms could be at play but don’t say you haven’t been warned. Specifically; high ph buffered PEGylated formulas with low alcohol content have done this for me.

3 Likes

Yep, that pair would buffer. In the ph 3-6 range.

So not relevant to “alkaline water”.

Are you deliberately trying to mislead?
Or unclear on the concepts?!?

A buffer has an effective pH range of one pH unit on either side of the pKₐ value for the weak acid . If the pH of a buffer goes out of this range, the buffer will no longer be effective at resisting large changes in pH.

3 Likes

Maybe…

This one is over my head

2 Likes

I think you should calm down and explain why the ingredients potassium Citrate, citric acid, and sodium hydroxide have to be at 3-6ph? Also, the final ph of the mixture is what I was referring to, not the alkaline water used to dissolve the lecithin. It would probably be easier if you just try the method with no regard for ph at any step, then adjust ph and see what occurs. Also, this is a method that I invented that I’ve claimed is still in development. So I’m not sure how I would even be able to mislead. You can just ask me to clarify statements instead of looking for a way to shoot holes in things. I posted this info to get people curious and so they could make this stuff at their house and have fun with their own alterations. I can only give my observations and perceived mechanisms on most aspects of it because it has been quite exhausting to just finish the project enough to be able to put guides together for it.

1 Like

In order to BUFFER.

Outside that range, you are not looking at a “buffer”, at least not one that is buffering based on those ingredients.

This is basic chemistry.

5 Likes

No. The ph has very little to do with why any of this works as far as I’ve seen. It creates instant acting products at ph ranges from 3.5-9ish ime. The lecithin is used for a variety of reasons. It’s a stacked ethosomal structure. Every component and step is playing a specific role

Well what would a 6ph buffer be called if you added a bit of sodium hydroxide to it and it reached 7 or 8ph?

I’m not the one who claimed

“High ph NaOH buffered…”

1 Like

No longer a decent buffer

1 Like

I understand what you’re saying but I don’t know a better word. Maybe it’s an unstable buffer? It is also compartmentalized and held at different ratios in the final mixture. The mixture isn’t homogeneous on a small enough scale

And I’d like to understand those roles, and NaOH was not playing the role of ph9 buffer. Neither is the citrate.

Which means you’re either feeding us misinformation deliberately or don’t actually know what’s going on.

Those require different approaches if trying to replicate your work

“Solution”. It’s not a buffer unless it resists your attempts to change the pH.

I suggest making a pH 6.0 citric acid based buffer and titrating to ph9 with NaOH. Just for your own edification.

Maybe start with store bought:

When you misuse words that have very well established meanings, it becomes much harder to communicate.

8 Likes

Which may well mean your solution IS (well) buffered…

It’s just not the NaOH, nor the citrate.

1 Like