CBN Slangers

Let’s get a list of all CURRENT CBN slangers going. I think it would be beneficial to create threads for individual cannabinoids now that there are four cannabinoids on the market.

13 Likes

I’ll have the lab running full capacity for cbn in a few short weeks :call_me_hand:t3::call_me_hand:t3:

5 Likes

Yesss thats a good idea
We should promote cannabinoids
And make it more accesible for those searching CBN

6 Likes

I changed the Slangers category to Hemp, instead of CBD. I’ll add you to level 2

11 Likes

We just went live a few days ago. We are based out in Grand Junction, Colorado and are committed to bringing our high quality, THC free, hemp derived CBN free of iodine, sulfur, and any other junk people might be using today.

9 Likes

No catalyst or reagent involved? “No junk” sounds an awful lot like “No tomfoolery”

4 Likes

We only use a food grade catalyst

I think calling something food grade in distillation, is about the equivalent as saying "its alright to vape that, because its considered GRAS for “ingestion”

4 Likes

The catalyst is completely removed prior to distillation. We have some very intense post processing and purification techniques.

So if we use sulfur or iodine, and fully remove it, its not food safe, but who knows the status of its vapor inhalation safety.

We appreciate how much you have done here, I’m sure a good number of people are making CBN using sulfur and iodine procedures you developed.

You don’t have to share your trade secret, that’s on you. But please, no tom foolery

14 Likes

Zingaaaaaa

2 Likes

Anyone had any luck purposefully degrading THC to CBN? the pathway seems simple enough but I cant get the degradation to occur in a timely manner

2 Likes

By wich pathway are you trying ?
@eve

I’m going to start pumping out thc free cbn isolate soon.

Not sure why others are having trouble crystallizing it.

6 Likes

Send it this way @Kingofthekush420

1 Like

Literature indicates that it should, thats how it was first discovered.

It seems “slippery” if that makes sense. It likely has only one or two polymorphs I’m guessing

If you read that R. Adams paper, he reacted an alcohol (CBN) with an acid that is an organic acid. I am pretty sure that he made CBN acetate on accident (Fisher esterification) and then reported that as CBN.

If there was a way to crystallize it, I am sure someone in academia would have reported it since crystal structures are easy pubs.

3 Likes

oxidation via an epoxide intermediate

1 Like

Nice thats a new one
Great find

1 Like