CBN Slangers

I know which catalyst you’re using :call_me_hand:t3::call_me_hand:t3: It’s by far one of the cheapest but highly dangerous due to the psi it creates

Are people aromatizing with MnO2?

I mean it’s possible forsure but it’s a metal removal filter aid as well so you might as well go get i2

1 Like

I just want to point out the “food grade” means nothing. ACS grade, Reagent grade, and USP grade are all “food grade.” This is misleading terminology and does not mean the reagents and solvents are safe for human consumption…

Chemistry isn’t scary as long as you do the proper workup and aren’t lazy and careless.

yummy this sulfuric acid is food grade: Sulfuric Acid, 98% Food Grade by General Chemical Industrial Products Inc. - Food, Beverage & Nutrition

10 Likes

Great point.

I’d like to be considered as a verified CBN slanger if possible. both @Kingofthekush420 and @anon93688 can verify my experience with d10 and CBN, and I’m happy to share test results with you over the next 2 weeks as we dial in SOP for 95%+ consistent conversion.

2 Likes

Has to be from hemp

Unless you’re processing hemp legally in CA?

ahh i see, thanks for pointing that out.

1 Like

I’m about to stick a Pyrex dish of thc disty in the middle of our ozenator for a day or so and see what happens :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

Lol good luck
@QGA has the literature on what this does.
@anon93688 do you have lit on this?

The last two are missing the double bond. I forgot to put it on there

The other double bond in the SM is cleaved to give a ketone. I reduce that before I huck into ozone.

Whoever is doing this please do not sell the mystery meat you get out of this reaction for consumption. Do not be a jackass you probably do not know what you are doing.

Also the selective reduction of the southern olefin is not trivial leaving the C9 or C8 unscathed, Pretty cool stuff.

3 Likes

There is a paper by Ottersen reporting an x-ray Crystal structure, so it definitely does.

Hi all we have a few liters of CBN ready to go if anyone is interested. Please send us a DM either on here on IG.

1 Like

I was just wondering what the other 21% of the distillate that you just posted is likely to be. I saw someone (@DTLA_MFG ) posted 95% above ^.

Can you provide a little bit more transparency please?

3 Likes

I have had this question for over a year Now :joy::joy:
Answer dunno looking at the floor😆
It s embassing to say you don t know what such a large portion off your product is

2 Likes

It’s residual compounds that couldn’t be removed during the distillation process.

Why don’t people ask that of CBD and THC distillates?

2 Likes

Aren’t you usually starting from CBD isolate when making CBN, whereas CBD and THC distillates start from a more crude extract? That would be my guess.

1 Like

We can use isolate or distillate. Would prefer distillate since it helps with the actual CBN conversion.

1 Like

Because they typically don’t use catalysts to produce extracts and the impurities are considered naturally occurring compounds

4 Likes

A majority of the by-products are destruction products from the reaction. We have seen olivetol, limonene, cymene, and saturated fats.

1 Like