CBD to THC Conversion - Patent Linked

There’s another thread about this that was created by @Kingofthekush420. I’ll edit the comments later to link that post, but the paper he linked presented the following

However, researchers did not use molecular sieves at all. I wonder if the selectivity of D9 over D8 would be enhanced by molecular sieves as seen in the dronabinol patent?

2 Likes

The method the lab they paid used seems to barely separate CBD and THC, which means the method they used is extremely crude.

Maybe someone else can comment here, but based on this I don’t think there’s any way we would expect d8 and d9 to separate.

Usually cbd elutes something Like 3-4 minutes before the THC’s.

5 Likes

It shows the retention times in the scribbled spots from earlier so I wouldn’t be sure tbh like I said I’m not a expert on them just reading what’s in front of me of course

I’ll bet they used a dean stark to remove the water and in an inert atmosphere

2 Likes

Says they used Sodium Sulfate to make the solvent anhydrous.

Edit: Never heard of dean stark before, looked it up. That’s a super cool way to do it

4 Likes

Yeah, I wouldn’t use these analytics for anything aside from maybe looking at the rough total CBD to THC converted, but probably not even that. You almost definitely can’t tell the difference between d8 and d9 using this method.

3 Likes

That’s why I asked them to get full panel or 3rd party as well from this lab. Doesn’t show enough of the spectrum or parameters for my liking, but does show accurate reading atleast. They’ve had d8 tested from the same lab as well, this was just specifically a d9 rxn that went very well.

That is quite unusual for someone who claims to have 10 years of chemistry experience no?

3 Likes

“Chemical Engineering Experience”

I don’t spend much time in the pilot labs, I’m on the ground designing, constructing, and maintaining large-scale processes.

It’s pretty unusual for any chemist or engineer to be familiar with every single apparatus or unit operation that exists—wouldn’t you say?

7 Likes

Also…how many alt accounts are you going to create just to troll me?

4 Likes

It’s cause we’re supposed to know EVERYTHING & have it written down properly the first time :shushing_face::unamused:

They explained the testing that’s used etc it’s no co elute Thc, they’re running a pure cbd iso test watching the curve making sample standard by shooting a 82% pure d9 standard they received from a 3rd party testing facility, then observe that curve, then inject the loading sample to be tested against the Pure standards. No bump after the d9 to make it conclusive to be eluted

WAT

13 Likes

Something that has no other cannabanoid or minor at 82% pure d9… it may not be 99% d9 but it has no other impurities or compounds making it a standard from a lab they obtained the sample from. (This is all their words for their analytics system. )

Ah those must be those wook supreme standards i keep hearing about. :joy::joy:

Disty is not a standard :man_shrugging: :joy: :joy:

2 Likes

Never said it was disty… all I said was it’s a 82% pure d9 standard/sample. Ya know the same thing you’d use to calibrate your equipment :man_facepalming:t3:

Lmao reference materials are pure as can be; unless they are multi-componet standards; and even those are formulated with CRMs…

7 Likes

That’s the worst chromatography method I’ve seen in years. They come in before the baseline has leveled.

6 Likes

This isnt a legit lab, and if it is they should probably upgrade from using an SRI GC with a 7 minute method for testing potency. and buy some actual reference standards.

No, not even close.

So much no.

I hope you know this “lab” is not even close to reliable and their results should be taken with a grain of waxy isolate salt.

3 Likes

It’s not a lab it’s their in-house analytics… y’all are hella quick to assume what’s what. I showed what I was presented & explained what was explained to me, after asking them to test 3rd party for full panel as I myself don’t enjoy looking at just a coa/chroma that has only 3 cannabanoids shown etc.

They purchased their standards from reputable(to my knowledge I haven’t heard bad things) labs in Oregon they have other coas from this lab that I’ve seen which entail 11 or so standards, so I’ve asked for that to be done for testing.

Their process for this testing is multi injection, so as I’ve stated before, I’m no professional for analytics, but am open to discussion of it & such.