CBD to THC Conversion - Patent Linked

Nah. There is no longer method on that critter.

The 2meter column is heated by the FID. So it’s short and hot and that’s what ya got with that little guy.

If it had stayed in my possession longer I was gonna try winding a longer column, to squeeze it in there.

Okay don’t take the word unknown to heart lmao, I really meant side reaction as that’s how they’re described here by many

meant as in this, ( this was a low d8 rxn, not same catalyst by client.)

This would be the parameters I’ve asked the testing to be done to. As I’ve said above I don’t agree with only seeing 3 cannabanoids% I wanna see the whole thing.( think I said that here.)

And you would literally be wrong. If a reaction creates a cannabinoid that isn’t on their potency panel, then they won’t catch that.

2 Likes

it will only show the required ones that i stated above. not zinc.

Yes VERY wrong. again this is very concerning coming from someone consulting for conversions.

I hope you understand when people say full panel they are referring to the standard cannabis/hemp full panel which tests for a specific set of things, overall being solvents, potency, heavy metals, pests, and micros. this doesnt mean they test EVERY heavy metal or EVERY cannabinoid etc, but even if they did do you honestly think the by products from your reactions will always be cannabinoids?

My heated column in the 310 GC is 15 meters :slight_smile:

Yup. And if anyone wants an idea of the customer satisfaction they’ll have doing that, here’s a quote from an ex-client of his i picked up.

Or this poor guy (who i helped for free)

2 Likes

Lmao this thread. Just want to say, Zinc is not a heavy metal in the way the others are. Zinc is not harmful, and is actually an extremely important nutrient. Arsenic and lead, on the other hand are poisonous in even small quantities. So homeboy is just talking out of his ass like usual. Also add me to the list of people who paid this clown (Cheeba) $$$ and got nothing of value in return and ended up having to find a legit chemist that actually knows their shit

2 Likes

I’ve by far improved procedures /sops since then. Which back then I was even hitting #s no one else was in my own lab. Somethings a repeatable only if you understand them.every client I have contact with has gotten updated procedure to ensure I keep my word on that end.
Edit: that sop was overlooked by someone I thought was very knowledgeable but I have since then come to find out much different, but have seen them improve so I will not start that pot.

@sparklingwater if you’d like I’ll send you all updated writings. Last I see we talked it was over a invoice for c18 & the last procedure we talked of was Cbn. Which also you had me teaching to a lab tech not yourself. I have seen very many folks use MY CBN SOP, & hit their goal tac or conversion%, including myself. I’m sorry for the very unfortunate scheduling we were going through back then to get me & your technician on the phone.

When consumed orally that’s definitely true, but is it also true for vaporized material that contains zinc?

1 Like

Lol almost every reactor sold in US is made in china :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I’m going to say that it’s unlikely elemental zinc could be vaporized at normal temps but I’m just talking out of my ass tbh. Could potentially become degraded but if it’s zinc it’s zinc it can’t really “break down” per se

Apparently zinc “boils” at over 900 celsius

1 Like

I literally did like one 10 minute call with QS and he was getting better results the next day than he was after working with you for a month. I would hope it wouldn’t take 9 months of additional research to do a little better than that!

I honestly think theres much more than ordinary zinc going on, theres other molecules jumping onto zinc and creating things that wouldnt be detectable if u were just looking for “Zinc” (Zn)
Imo u would have to get everything tested and make sure everything together adds up to 99.9, it will be very hard with variances, but if u cant detect 99.9% of whats in there, u cant say for sure u know everything that is in your oil after conversion…

1 Like

He never really got up to all the processes, he was waiting on equipment to show up, then As we were going through a procedure over the phone lost contact. Like I’ve said in other threads I will always do everything I can, to help them understand before performing etc. as pointed out I don’t always have the same terms as others do, that goes hand in hand for everyone not just me.

Possible. The reality is, overall, lab testing is about 2% of the way there in terms of being able to truly put a safety stamp on a cannabis product

1 Like

True even with 999mg of the 1g detected, u still have 1 million ppm worth of space to figure out :exploding_head:

I’m gonna say this one more time.

MOLECULAR SIEVES

We should all know, as @RockSteady says, D8 is ALWAYS a side-product of CBD to THC cyclizations—the key is reducing the % of D8 by means of controlling the reaction environment and adding a secondary catalysts like sieves, so that the reaction equilibrium favors d9 over d8

11 Likes

Do we know of any that don’t produce side reactions?

The cbd to acid ratios are all jumbled up in the patent.
Makes you wonder how reliable the rest of the patent is, or any other publications in this field.

Also this Milan University study on CBD isomerization with its arbitrary parameters and implausible results seems like made up junk science, rather designed to confuse than enlighten.
For example the borontrifluoride with CH2Cl2 that only yields 52% of D8 and not much else, when this is basically the patent for Dronabinol.
(ok, with twice molar amount of acid to CBD and a lot more solvent and at room temperature instead 0°C, but can that make the difference?)
Or the sulphuric acid in CH2Cl2 or Tuolene which both give no or almost no reaction, strikes me as odd.
I´m not a chemist at all, but it seems there is a lot of scientific disinformation to sift through in connection with this topic (and others) and some people are just intent to give out misleading or outright harmful information.

2 Likes