Cbd isomerization to d8 and d9 thc

You’re never gonna get a highly refined useful product without some better catalysts and solvents, or without lab gear.

I’ve seen above 80% d9 In phosphoric with hexane. But you’ll need to dry everything extremely well beforehand.

You can probably get 40-50% if you just keep using food grade acids and mixing em, but it’s gonna be sloppy, and there could be some side reactions.

I’m not sure what your goal is here; but you’ll need to upgrade beyond a sketchy stovetop cookout if you want to make a reliable end product.

1 Like

If you’re going skydiving, you’re gonna need gear. If you are cooking up d8 soup, you’re gonna need gear and chemicals. I don’t understand why you are so fixated on this when you do not have access to even the most basic chemicals required to produce this product. I would like to help you, but if you can’t even get access to the correct chems to make a clean product, why bother? You’ve also made it very clear that you don’t care whether you make toxic compounds along with your d8 soup. This whole deal does not end well for you, my friend. Lung cancer is one of the worst ways to go, and from what I can tell, you are headed down that road. I’m going to wager you aren’t using a respirator when you are working, either. Take a step back and think a little bit before you continue.

6 Likes

Trust me u need glassware…
The more of the right equipment the better the result will get i know its expensive butt start small en start buying what u absolutely need to get the job done bare. Minium en work up from there

4 Likes

Thanks for all the answers. I will chill a while and deside if i will buy labb stuff or not.

Will propably comeback in few months with good product.

Btw anyone know any eu shops selling some good acids? UK and other none eu countries doesnt count.

1 Like

Acids as in Lewis acids
Or acids as in blotter acids ?

https://www.laboratoriumdiscounter.nl/nl/

Has got quite a few

2 Likes

Blotter acid, dang that stuff scares the shit out of me…
The only acid i wont try​:sweat_smile::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::grin:

1 Like

The link @ rogue posted has methane sulfonic, ptsa, phosphoric acid to and probably more that will also do the job those are the ones i bought of them to.

Anhydrous aluminium chloride should be your next trail !

5 Likes

Well then i guess its time to start reading, starting up study mode as we speak :nerd_face:.

2 Likes

Its possible to tweek it to 90% if you know how.

3 Likes

Hmmm your inbox is full :joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

Yeah in all honesty everyone here (including myself) is just trying to make sure you’re keeping yourself safe and approaching the concept in the right way. It’s no shade, just advice from people that have made far more mistakes and then analyzed those mistakes and were like holy fuck I can’t believe people are putting this in their bodies. Not like the chromatogram of dronabinol is any better, but I digress.

If I were you, I’d look into investing in a 1L jacketed reactor off ebay. It’s a great piece of equipment, you can control the temperature of your rxn’s, put them under vac to reflux or get things like O2 outta the equation and blanket with an inert gas, and you can put systems like that together without breaking the bank because it’s just a little benchtop setup. For example, no need to drop 2k on a chiller if you have an aquarium pump and some ice water, ya know? But controlling the above variables are going to lead to a better, cleaner product.

If you were to ever continue this procedure, here’s what I would do: do the rxn at a low temperature with a ‘bulky’ acid, and quench the reaction about halfway through. Your primary components in the resulting mixture will be CBD, D9, and D8, maybe a little exo-THC, but hardly anything else. If you react all of the CBD, especially at higher temperatures, then you are going to see this non-specific catalysis where the ‘wrong’ hydroxyl binds with C11 instead of the isoprene unit (the mechanism of ring closure for CBD → THC), resulting in your iso-THC’s, and you’re just going to be re-reacting any compounds you make with your catalyst which then makes more unknown compounds and degradation products. In reality though, I would just find an EU-friendly vendor and purchase products that are made in a lab. Kitchen chemistry is fun until it isn’t, and products made in an actual lab have to be submitted for testing and the lab itself has to be inspected.

Good luck!

3 Likes

naaaaah that was steely dan melting our face :wink:

3 Likes

Thanks for the shop.

Will see what acids are there. Can u recomend some acid there?

Just little higher risk to import from NL but will give it a try someday.

90% total THC (D8 + D9 + iso’s) or 90% D9?
I assume all without chroma, because this would be cheating :upside_down_face:

And are you reffering to anecdotical results from “a friend” or true and tested by yourself?

Would be worth a try if >80% D9 without chroma

1 Like

But then it’s 2 steps and with a really expensive base.

No cheating sir
Very little d8 and iso d8
And at 15 kg scale
For now in in-house analysis but will send sample to dr jebril
The only thing you have to cheat is the equilibrium the reaction trys to make :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

U could always make youre own ptsa if getting it there is really such a hassle, but u would need glasware to manufactre the ptsa.

Hey nerd :nerd_face:,

I have some d8 that’s like 3 years old. When I 1st got it…was like no buzz or barely anyway even w CDT added.

The other day I added some pure CDT and it knocks me out. Red eyed fried and very heavy legs. No d8 makes my eyes red or as strong as this is now.

Just curious what’s happened to it? I didn’t even heat it …room temp to mix the CDT.

91.46% when raw (reliable accurate lab report)

It’s acts like d9 now. Maybe this is extra basic but figured I’d ask you…I haven’t found any info about it changing. I appreciate any info you can provide.

Got a coa on what you added?

1 Like