Cbd isomerization to d8 and d9 thc

Yes, as it’s usually sold as a molar solution in an NPS, often Toluene or Hexane. And if you use the same NPS as solvent in an inert atmosphere the entire process should be safe enough.

1 Like

Why not send it off to a lab so you can see what you actually made?

3 Likes

Hey!

I just watched this YouTube video with a guy ranking his favourite acids!

I didn’t know but saccharine is a pretty strong eatable acid (1.9 pka), stronger than phosphoric acid.

Do you guys think it would be possible to dissolve like 0,5-1 g of saccharine in like 10 ml of isopropanol and then add 1 g of CBD isolate and have it isomerise the CBD to THC?

Saccharine is not soluble in none polar solvent so should be pretty easy to separate.

Yes but how would you get your tosic dry?

So i made an account here just to see if i can get more information and help or anything really.

Long story short tryied to do citric and hcl converting but only 2 times worked with citric. Hcl just didnt work but created wax easily.

Dont remember citric recepie i used but it was something like 10 ml distiled water 1.5 grams citric and 1 to 3 grams citric. I tried some other ratios also. 8 to 15 hours in water bath 95-100 celcius.

Hcl different ratios but the one i remember was 5 ml hcl 5 ml distilled water and 1-3 grams cbd 8 hours in water bath 70 celcius.

My setup is home stuff i just took a clean bottle in mix everything close the jar and water bath it and then clean the end product. No lab stuff and like manual stirring from time to time.

So 2 times worked out of like 15 times or something. With citric not hcl. The thing is these 2 times got me a very good product. It was very strong and was perfect for my sleep so i believe this shit works.

But as you see i fail and fail and in the long run cbd isnt so cheap if you just throw it away everytime after failed cooks then its a waste of time and money.

So my question is what do you think im doing wrong?

Im also interested in 75% phosphoric acid which i havent tryied yet but cant see to find any paper with results or ratios.

Hopefully someone can answer my questions so i can experiment some more.

Here are some images from hcl reaction. The product was not potent at all like 0-1% thc.

https://ibb.co/fqBJhL1

https://ibb.co/VSXDPRT

I could answer all your questions if you promise to never ingest a homemade HCl converted product again. Check out HU-331 or I can provide you with a chromatogram of a very controlled HCl synthesis with an inert setup in a jacketed reactor and show you the soup of compounds you’re most likely ingesting. As well, the high you are getting is probably from D8 (mostly), especially if your rxn conditions are at elevated temperatures.

4 Likes

Everything is smoked up.

I propably smoked like 35 grams of different hcl reactions. None of them had a good effect. Im alive but my lungs are propably damaged a bit but still im alive. I cleaned it very good after the cooks.

Those two citric reactions which worked was fire realy good shit.

Hcl was not my first option but where live i can only get citric, hcl and phosphoric acid. Citric doesnt really work all the time in home envoierment so i dont do it anymore.

So i experimented with hcl but it also doesnt work but allways creates wax in different yellow to orange color.

I thought phosphoric acid was worse the hcl but found out that phosphoric is pretty safe so i really would like to try some recepie just last time. I was thinking phosphoric next time but do not find any recepies or lab tests or anything.

So if you can pm or provide me some good info about hcl, citric or phosphoric, i know that usa is capitalist country and basicly no one wants to share info about this.

But im in the europe and the point of this experiment is not to make money, cause here allmost no one will buy wax anyway and selling is illigal here, the point is to save money and personal use only. I know this shit works but man its the ratios and temperature and time is the problem.

I dont even use lab stuff everything is in a closed bottle and in a water bath.

I will buy a hotplate with magnetic stirring so i can keep the temperature more stable and also stirr the solution.

But dont want to invest if the results are 0. I need some cind of stable recepie which gives me ok or good result everytime. I dont need 100% thc. 15-30% is fine thc d9 speaking. If its as good or little worse then weed then its not a problem. Citric stuff made me high as fuck and i smoked like 0.009 grams or something. The 0.00 scale could not read that small amount.

Im not interested in thc d8 it seems like shit. Like cbd placebo effect or something. But thc d9 and thc d8 combos are welcome.

Anyways like i sed if anyone can provide info pm or here with citric, phosphoric acid or hcl which i can make at home that would be fire.

The above paper is, in my opinion, a must read before doing conversions like this. I believe muriatic acid (HCl) produced the most byproducts of any common synthetic route. If you are utilizing heat and not quenching the reaction with a base (sodium bicarb for example) in a 2-3min window with an LLE, then you are most assuredly just getting high off d8. I wouldn’t call it placebo by any means, you are probably making a ‘soup’ of about 20-25 different compounds, some of which may be psychoactive but there is no current literature on, say, what 4(8) iso-THC’s psychoactive nature is relative to d9 in vivo.

Relative to purified catalysts, you can purchase ptsa on amazon these days. here’s a link:

There are ways to utilize the above safely in an appropriate environment, but in my opinion, you should just spend a few days reading all the threads on this forum about this subject. There are a lot of intelligent synthetic chemists with decades of experience in those threads that have passed along invaluable information to save you time in the long run. You’ll gain a lot of knowledge and your body will benefit from whatever you choose to consume (or not) moving forward.

3 Likes

What solvent are you using?

Please don’t smoke hcl contaminated materials

2 Likes

I red all the links. All the patents. Everything.

I took me some weeks to read it and google stuff.

So i tried citric, then hcl just to understand the process and the cleaning part.

The problem is there is so little info about citric, hcl and phosphoric. Especially ratios. And temperature max 100 celcius.

Im now in level 2 so to speak. Level 1 was reading. Level 2 is doing. I need to go to level 3 is to making atleast 50% ok product.

pTSA is illigal where i live and allmost all the acids which are used. I dont want problem with customs if import from usa.

Only legal acids here are citric, phosphoric and hcl.

The thing is i red hcl can makes d8 in one patent, one other guy made d9 and d8 with hlc… So…

Anyways dont want to write long story, anyone got thc d9 or combos of d8 and d9 recepie with citric, hcl or phosphoric? Which i can cook in a bottle with or without stirring? Room temp recepie? Not pure d8 i dont need it.

Send a pm if you dont want to share here.

Hcl

Tried iso and distilled water.

Iso made more of an orange product more harder like candy almost but very waxy.

Distilled water made more of an bright yellow product and more of a glue like wax.

But none of them got me high.

1 Like

Guess i no longer hold top spot for smoking acid in the name of qualitative analysis.

Jesus man put the dabber down before you do some permanent damage.

Your lungs can scar very irriversibly

2 Likes

Duuuude—I’m surprised you haven’t had some way scarier results.

I think you maybe should never, ever, ever fuck with HCl again.

$0.02 from someone who has almost melted their face off with gaseous HCl

@chempistry was there too.

6 Likes

Won’t phosphoric acid and isopropyl produce isopropyl phosphate as well?

Looks like it’s pretty corrosive/toxic

I saw this after one hcl cook, after i already smoked up the product. After that i was extra carefull when cooking with hcl. Cant remove it now.

And yes i dont want to use hcl at home cooks just doesnt feel clean.

https://ibb.co/1qQGzTg

Are you absolutely certain that you cannot get ahold of pTSA? I didn’t find much online regarding its legality in various countries. Check eBay…

1 Like

I never did phosphoric acid, i want to but cant find any information about ratios and time. Just one dude at reddit and another one here in forums but he uses einsteins lab stuff. I want to do it at home.

100 procent sure illigal for private persons in my country.

Import is a problem for me dont want to have problem with customs.

Beyond HCl neutralization issues, HCl causes wildly non-specific isomerization. It can also chlorinate compounds. I have seen chromatographs of HCl converted oils and they have dozens of unknowns…

3 Likes

Yes im sure i maybe can check with a friend so he can import so i dont get in trouble but if ptsa is from usa only thats a problem need an eu shop not usa. Will do some googling later.

Btw basicly you are recomending ptsa but arent there articles about ptsa and mutated dna or something?

And also if ptsa is used dont i need some cind of other solvent to it, i think so. That other solvent is also illigal here. Toulene ethanol etc.

I have red all the patents and some links, googled every single chemical if its legal or illigal in my country.

Basicly what is legal in my country.

HCL
CITRIC
MALIC
PHOSPHORIC

DISTILED WATER
IPA OR ISO