Cbd isomerization to d8 and d9 thc

Lol was gonna say there’s patents on it, we musta forgot if ChemiGod didn’t make it, it won’t work.

1 Like

how is it debatable? there’s no proof anywhere. if you knew chemistry you’d know the phenolic groups of CBD as well as the double bond would get atttacked first (as they should being the carrier of antioxidant properties of CBD) and there’s no way this is going to make anything even remotely resembling THC.

1 Like

Allas I am indeed no chemist
At the same time there are several examples in my life where chemist where confident it wasn t gona happen but it did

8 Likes

so without any knowledge of this type of reaction you’re confident to give such an unsubstantiated opinion

seems like @Cheebachiefextracts spirit is propagating well

Don’t let your “higher learning” disable you from reading bucko. You may understand chemistry but you sure as shit can’t read. Or is this just speculation that was published just like every other experimental patent on cannabanoid synthesis? You’re a joke.

Don’t worry I copy & pasted the summary so you don’t skimp yourself.

SUMMARY OF THE INVENTION

According to a first aspect of the invention, there is provided a method of ozonating a non psychoactive cannabinoid, said method comprising the steps of: a) providing a source of non-psychoactive cannabinoid; and b) contacting the source of non-psychoactive cannabinoid with ozone or a reactive equivalent thereof.

According to a second aspect of the invention, there is provided a method of converting a non-psychoactive cannabinoid to a psychoactive cannabinoid, said method comprising the steps of: a) providing a source of non-psychoactive cannabinoid; b) contacting the source of non-psychoactive cannabinoid with ozone; and c) optionally isolating the psychoactive cannabinoid.

According to a third aspect of the invention, there is provided a psychoactive cannabinoid or mixture of psychoactive cannabinoids obtainable by a method described herein, compositions comprising same, and their use in medicine.

According to a fourth aspect of the invention, there is provided a method of treating one or more of pain, chronic pain, acute pain, cramps, migraine, convulsions, stress, distress, anxiety, nausea, chemotherapy-induced nausea, vomiting, AIDS-related weight loss, wasting, spasm, multiple sclerosis, Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease, Huntington’s disease, glaucoma, epilepsy and cancer, said method comprising administering the composition described herein to a subject in need thereof.

DESCRIPTION OF THE PREFERRED EMBODIMENTS

Unless defined otherwise, all technical and scientific terms used herein have the same meaning as commonly understood by one of ordinary skill in the art to which the invention belongs. Although any methods and materials similar or equivalent to those described herein can be used in the practice or testing of the present invention, the preferred methods and materials are now described. All publications mentioned hereunder are incorporated herein by reference.

One hundred and thirteen different cannabinoids are found in the Cannabis plant. These can be broadly divided by the person skilled in the art into those which are “psychoactive” and those which are “non-psychoactive”. The major non-psychoactive cannabinoid is cannabidiol (CBD). Cannabinol (CBN) and cannabichromene (CBC) are other less abundant examples of non-psychoactive cannabinoids. Hemp (e.g. industrial hemp) is a variety of the Cannabis sativa plant and is one example of a source of non-psychoactive cannabinoids. In one embodiment of the invention, the ratio of CBD: CBN: CBC is substantially the same as that in natural or industrial hemp.

The most well-characterized psychoactive cannabinoids are the tetrahydrocannabinols, such as A8-tetrahydrocannabinol (A8-THC) and A9-tetrahydrocannabinol (A9-THC). Isoforms of Δ8’ THC according to the invention include Δ8 isoTHC and trans- Δ8 isoTHC. Δ9- and A8-and tetrahydrocannabinol (A9-THC) are preferred embodiments of the present invention.

Ozone (or trioxygen) is an inorganic molecule with the chemical formula O3. As used herein, “ozonation” refers to the contacting, treatment or chemical reaction of an agent or substance with ozone. For example, the ozone gas may be bubbled or infused into a liquid. Alternatively, the ozone gas may be allowed to diffuse and contact a solid. The ozone may contact other gases. In a preferred embodiment of the present invention, the ozone is provided by an ozone-generating device. Suitable devices are known to the person skilled in the art and include the BESTEK 03 ozone generator/air sterilizer model: BTAS807.

In one embodiment of the invention, the step of contacting the non-psychoactive cannabinoid with ozone is carried out in an enclosed space, preferably in a substantially or hermetically sealed compartment. The compartment may be a bag or box. The sealing or compartmentalisation preferably allows sufficient concentration of ozone to build up in the reaction space, and prevents diffusion of the ozone away from the general vicinity of the reaction. In a related embodiment, the non-psychoactive cannabinoid is immobilised on a support.

In one embodiment, the non-psychoactive cannabinoid is converted to at least one psychoactive cannabinoid. The psychoactive cannabinoid may be isolated or purified from the reaction mixture e.g. by means known in the art and as described herein.

Also provided herein are methods and protocols for converting non-psychoactive cannabinoids such as cannabidiol (CBD) to psychoactive cannabinoids such as Δ8tetrahydrocannabinol and/or A9-tetrahydrocannabinol. In one embodiment, CBD is converted to an ozonated psychoactive cannabinoid. In one embodiment, CBD is converted to a psychoactive ozonated derivative of CBD. As will be appreciated by one knowledgeable in the art and as discussed below, the reaction times may be varied somewhat, producing product at different yields and purities. Furthermore, functional equivalents may be substituted where appropriate. For example, the conversion reaction may be carried out from anywhere between 30 minutes to 24 hours, such as 1 hour to 24 hours, such as about 1, 1.5, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 or 24 hours. In a preferred embodiment, the conversion is carried out for about 1.5 hours.

The psychoactive cannabinoid may be processed into a composition. For example, the psychoactive cannabinoid may be combined with suitable excipients known in the art, thereby forming a pharmaceutical composition. In some embodiments, the psychoactive cannabinoid at therapeutically effective concentrations or dosages may be combined with a pharmaceutically or pharmacologically acceptable carrier, excipient or diluent, either biodegradable or non biodegradable. Exemplary examples of carriers include, but are by no means limited to, for example, poly(ethylene-vinyl acetate), copolymers of lactic acid and glycolic acid, poly(lactic acid), gelatin, collagen matrices, polysaccharides, poly(D,L lactide), poly(malic acid), poly(caprolactone), celluloses, albumin, starch, casein, dextran, polyesters, ethanol, methacrylate, polyurethane, polyethylene, vinyl polymers, glycols, mixtures thereof and the like. Standard excipients include gelatin, casein, lecithin, gum acacia, cholesterol, tragacanth, stearic acid, benzalkonium chloride, calcium stearate, glyceryl monostearate, cetostearyl alcohol, cetomacrogol emulsifying wax, sorbitan esters, polyoxyethylene alkyl ethers, polyoxyethylene castor oil derivatives, polyoxyethylene sorbitan fatty acid esters, polyethylene glycols, polyoxyethylene stearates, colloidol silicon dioxide, phosphates, sodium dodecylsulfate, carboxymethylcellulose calcium, carboxymethylcellulose sodium, methylcellulose, hydroxyethylcellulose, hydroxypropylcellulose, hydroxypropylmethycellulose phthalate, noncrystalline cellulose, magnesium aluminum silicate, triethanolamine, polyvinyl alcohol, polyvinylpyrrolidone, sugars and starches. See, for example, Remington: The Science and Practice of Pharmacy, 1995, Gennaro ed.

The route of administration of the composition of the invention may be by any known in the art. Particularly preferred are the oral and intrapulmonary route, e.g. by inhalation. Via the oral route, the product may be first mixed with butter or an edible oil.

In some embodiments of the process of the invention, yield of product is at least 50%. In other embodiments, the yield is at least 60%. In other embodiments, yield is at least 70%. In yet other embodiments, yield is 70-85%. Yield is determined by looking at the peak area for the isolated compound in the gas chromatography-mass spectra analysis of the crude reaction product mixture. Purity is also determined by GC-MS and also by analytical HPLC. The total ion chromatogram from the GC-MS gives information similar to that provided by an FID-GC in that the peak area is proportional to the mass of the analytes detected. Total peak area and the peak areas of the individual analytes can be compared in the GC-MS case as long as the masses are in generally the same range. As discussed below, in some embodiments, purity of the tetrahydrocannabinols isolated by the process is greater than 90%. In yet other embodiments, purity is greater than 95%. In yet other embodiments, purity is greater than 97% or greater than 98%. In yet other embodiments, purity is 98-99%.

In an additional aspect, the present invention provides a method of converting cannabidiol (CBD) to A9-tetrahydrocannabinol (Δθ-THC) comprising providing a reaction mixture comprising CBD in dry methylene chloride; adding BF3Et2O to the reaction mixture; stirring the ice cold reaction mixture under an ozone atmosphere; adding NaHCO3 to the reaction mixture; allowing the mixture to separate into an aqueous phase and an organic phase; removing the organic phase; washing the organic layer with water; and eluting Δθ-THC from the organic phase, the purity of the eluted ΔΘ-THC being greater than 97%, such as greater than 98%.

In this aspect, the reaction mixture may be stirred for approximately 1 hour. The method may include drying the organic phase over MgSO4 and evaporating the organic phase following washing. The method may comprise eluting the organic phase on an HPLC column. The Δθ-THC may be eluted with ether in petroleum ether following washing the column with petroleum ether. The ether in petroleum ether may be 2 parts ether in 98 parts petroleum ether. The method may comprise eluting the organic phase on an RP-HPLC column.

Specifically, described herein is a method of converting CBD to a tetrahydrocannabinol comprising: providing a reaction mixture comprising a catalyst in an organic solvent, adding CBD to the reaction mixture, mixing said reaction mixture under ozone, allowing the mixture to separate into an aqueous phase and an organic phase; removing the organic phase, and eluting the tetrahydrocannabinol from the organic phase.

As used herein, “Lewis acid” refers to a powerful electron pair acceptor. In some embodiments, the catalyst is a Lewis acid, for example, p-toluenesulfonic acid, boron trifluoride or BF3Et2O. In some embodiments, the BF3Et2O is in dry methylene chloride, ethyl acetate, ethanol, hexane or other organic solvent. In yet other examples, the catalyst may be hydrochloric acid in ethanol or sulphuric acid in cyclohexane. In some embodiments, a weak base is added to the reaction mixture prior to allowing the reaction mixture to separate into organic and aqueous phases. The base may be an alkali metal hydrogen carbonate or a carbonate of an alkali metal. In some embodiments, the organic layer is dried prior to eluting. In these embodiments, a suitable drying or dehydration compound, for example, MgSO4 or Na2SO4 is used. In yet other embodiments, the process may be carried out under a nitrogen atmosphere.

2 Likes

it’s cannabinoid mr wannabe chemist, funny that you claim all this competence when you can’t even spell the class of compounds you pretend to be so knowledgeable in

Maybe he mistyped it…? I’m sure he knows how to spell cannabinoid.

1 Like

he did, like he does everytime he uses the word (also on his IG)Screenshot 2021-03-31 at 01.16.50

It’s so cute when you get upset at modern technology spell checking things. Have a great day being a salty sea dog & stalking my ig :call_me_hand:t3:

Atleast I can supply a 3rd party test & coa, not just tlc plates. & you call me the amateur.

Is it just me or does this research paper seem to be worded in the most convoluted manor possible? I get the need to be specific, but fuck man that felt like when the grade school teacher put minimum word counts on essays.

1 Like

Tbh that’s how a fair share of published papers are.

1 Like

lul you’re still harpin on about my awesome TLC skills despite yourself not knowing shit about the technique :rofl: you calling yourself an amateur is an insult to all amateurs dude

Yeah cause a tlc plate is SOOOOO hard to replicate. Go get it tested by a real lab. Then @ me. Salty dog.

it’s not a research paper. it’s a patent and as such does not need to contain any facts or even any accurate information. it’s bullshit and any chemist worth his salt knows

1 Like

it’s not hard, but you can’t do it, just like you know shit about all your “lattices”

I don’t need to do it cause most facilities I work with have internal testing or send to a 3rd party. If I wasnt confident in the reaction I’m doing then yes I would use it to monitor my run. But alas as I’m probably one of the more so confident folks in here performing that reaction & don’t mind helping others as well since I have with so many. You can keep being a salty dog about how your tlc plate was the best thing you ever did, or you can prove us all wrong with a 3rd party reliable lab coa. Now I’m done with you shit posting & not adding anything to this forum. Have a great day MR ION.

1 Like

Take your time. Stick to the triangle folks.

17 Likes

If anyone wants to try out the same reaction as in the patent you can buy the same ozone generator at Walmart.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/600mg-h-Ozone-Generator-Ozonator-O3-Timer-Air-Purifiers-Purify-Oil-Vegetable-Meat-Air-Water/269813963

I’m gonna pause the ozone experiments until someone has analysed what the yellow urine smelling crystals are.

Next experiment i will do is a ghetto isomersation with 24% acetic acid and 2% CBD leaf trims. I believe I can concentrate the acetic acid + heat + time to create the right conditions for the CBD to isomersate.

Please tell me what your intentions are
Isomerization of cannabinoids still on biomass ???
And for what reason ? Would you want to do so ? Lower Thc content ?
Or yust the opposite rise the Thc content on Cbd rich biomass ?
Even thou I like the idea and nice discoveries have there starting point in these trails
Example Steven Cassini discovered a huge shortcut this way with UV radiation of biomass for making Cbd quinone
I would be carefull for it s basically a uncontrolled rxn on all compounds on the biomass and many are isomerization capable
So it won t yust be your cannabinoids

I’m based in a country where THC is illegal but CBD products are legal. My goal is create a safe and easy process for people to produce and enjoy clean THC without supporting the organised crime.

By making the THC very available I hope to change the law in a similarly way like the liquor ban.

One of the reason the liquor ban didn’t last was because alcohol was too easy to produce by yourself. If I can create a similar process but with THC I hope to achieve similar results when it comes to cannabis legality.

cannabis is the biggest income for a lot of international crime syndicates. By making THC more available it would be a big hit on their income.

2 Likes