Cbd isomerization to d8 and d9 thc

Such qualitative tests give you an indication about the final proportions of CBD/d9/d8, but not about the yield. For this you need quantitative analyses. Such reaction usually end up with some other components.

3 Likes

true I probably phrased that wrong.

though if one has only a mixture of d8 and d9 one can gain a very good idea of how much of
each I would think by optical rotation.

is there a quantitative test that will precipitate THC out of solution but not CBD or visa versa

also is there a quantitative test that will precipitate delta 8 or delta 9 and keep the other in
solution.

I would think the former question more likely to have a solution.

I am not sure how one would quantitatively determine the double bonds position.

still you far more knowledgeable in these matters than I so I would love to hear what you think

2 Likes

My first third party test results for some d8 distillate I bought. Waiting on energy control and considering doing a follow-up at greenleaf labs

you purchased a product and got it tested.
nothing to do with isomerization
off topic and a blatant use of a popular thread to spam your own advertising.

now if you were to do an isomerization then publish the procedure and get it tested
and submit the results in this thread then you would not be spamming for your own gain.

2 Likes

That’s a large percentage of unknowns, especially considering the lab you used tests for delta 10 and delta 6a,10a and those were accounted for. I wouldn’t support human consumption of that batch.

5 Likes

Came from a vendor on this forum, it’s relevant to the topic, I don’t see the issue?:man_shrugging:

1 Like

ok to be relevant how did they isomerize it ?

why not just start your own thread anyway im not taking this bait

if you guys want to obscure all information here to sell SOP its on you

3 Likes

Well such “selective precipitation test” would be the golden door to separation. So far I only see liquid or gas chromatography as the sole quantification methods.

1 Like

90% of conversions are not fit for human consumption and most of the producers are today equivalent of open blasters

8 Likes

I have regular access to GC/MS/MS and LC/MS/MS. I also love puzzles so I am willing to dig.

Not a fact, just my personal opinion.
I think one of the big reasons is due to adduct formation in LC/MS due to mobile phase constituents. This would make the libraries extremely large because some compounds could have multiple spectra possibilities based on mobile phase.
GC only has one mobile phase (whether it be helium, nitrogen, hydrogen, etc.), gas.

2 Likes

@AlexSiegel and you actually showed a mechanism that includes electron pushing. Not just a reaction scheme which I guess we are calling a mechanic now.

2 Likes

Delta 8.pdf (82.5 KB)
Citric Acid and water reaction seems to leave little unknowns. Just wish the D9 would have converted. This was ran from Isolate that was only 95% pure.

9 Likes

How did u run the reaction @JedClampet? How much citric?

1-1 isolate to water. 5% citric acid by weight to isolate. 8 hour reflux.

13 Likes

What temp? Why’d u use the water @JedClampet? You don’t think it woulda worked better dry? Curious as to the reasoning. Thx for sharing.

It was just an idea I had with no scientific reason other than I heard water was good for D8. Dry reaction was pretty violent in the 2 liter also, actually blew the temp probe out one time. Dry reaction had more unknowns seems as if the water buffered any side reactions that were happening with a dry reaction.

10 Likes

Honestly I would have never come up with that amount of water use and I am very surprised by your results
I think it s the best citric acid conversion I have ever seen

15 Likes

Hey thank you! I’m still having a hard time understanding why the D9 stays so high but that’s just because I’m no chemist and I don’t fully understand the chemistry behind it. I have a tendency to learn things by trial and error so I may mess around with reflux times and see what I get. It was you that told me water was good by the way.

11 Likes