Cbd isomerization to d8 and d9 thc

That is hardly a “COA”.

You want folks to believe it’s the “terpenes” that changed your ride, then show is wtf is in there…

If you want to understand why mixing those exact terpenes in the same ratio from other sources doesn’t have the same effect?

Look to the flavinoids, ketones, aldehydes, and other components that don’t show up when you ask for a “terpene” analysis of your CDT.

6 Likes

Just saying no thc/thca present in the terps…but smoking it raw rn (no terps added) and still it acts like d9 like I’m smoking raw d9. Eyes red and all.

:thinking: I wasn’t asking you a question to sneak hint at me saying something about the terps I have. I don’t do bs like that and I wouldn’t waste your time intentionally.

I was genuinely asking you if you knew how d8 could have stronger affects after sitting around for a few years.

Maybe you took the “hey nerd” thing as an insult …not at all my intention. pardon me if you took it that way. I just assumed you’d be a good one to ask.

d9 if you’re using hte instead of refined terps

Huh? I’m using pure 100% CDT not hte not a fraction. What do you mean though?

I smoked it raw before I fell asleep and still it smacks. W/o any terps added.

I’m asking why d8 that was weak sat around for 3 years and now its kind of potent. Acts like d9 now.

RAW no terps added.

That’s a bit imprecise, there are Ketone-/Aldehyde-containing terpenes like Citral and Pulegone.

1 Like

Better? Whats in my Cannabis? A Unified Manifest of Cannabis Constituents

Maybe Hemp derived terpenes will explain

1 Like

I wonder if one could do it with ptsa without removing it and just switching the solvent. Ie: switching from toluene to dme will turn ptsa from acid to base.

Ofcoz if one insists on doing one pot synthesis then looking at what’s happening in the stomach with CBD can give some hints.

CBD + low concentration HCL + 1% SDS/SLS @ 37 gives 85% conversion after 60minutes and 98% conversion after 120min. D8 to D9 ratio is 1:1.5 even without using any buffers or quenching the reaction before second order reaction will start degradation of D9 to D8.

2 Likes

Whats sds/sls?

Satan’s Dick Shield

4 Likes

Sodium dodecyl sulfate

If you do this reaction with NaH it yields only around 3:1 d9:d8 so it is not really useful.
Do you have a source for the using of SDS?

Hello,
what chromatography procedure can you recommend for removing cbd?

Or can you suggest another method for the separation of cbd and thc?

Yeah, this will not be very usefull but gives an idea of what could possibly be done. If one was to use tertiary alcohol in basic conditions as a catalyst for d8 > d9 conversion result will be much better.

Here is the paper about CBD conversion in simulated gastric fluid. It’s interesting that contrary to their’s result we don’t see many examples of this conversion happening at such rate in vivo.

can.2015.0004.pdf (1.3 MB)

1 Like

The instructions for the reaction you mention start on page 1125, for anyone who is interested.
I don`t know if I’m reading the results right, but they are also yielding 19% of d8 after distillation, but then on the pictogram it says 100% conversion.

Thanks for the link, so they used the sodium lauryl sulfate as an emulsifier for the simulated gastric juice and cbd, unfortunately they don’t explain how they separated the reaction product in the end.
Imho that study is complete FUD, noone eats a tube of toothpaste with his cbd, and if children get a bit sleepy from their cbd megadoses, that is a completely normal effect. I also was a bit drowsy after vaping (not eating) half a gram of cbd.

2 Likes

yeah, its just as easy to trace the methodology that the industry has used over the past several years.

chromatography

In the beginning, the only companies capable of producing ‘remediated’ hemp extracts by removing most of the d9 THC were operating flash chromatography systems. Companies like interchim and shimadzu went as far as branding “420” model systems. This manufacturing process creates tons of solvent waste and requires a fair bit of knowledge about the process itself (loading capacity, how solvent systems mix, variables like flow vs temperature vs polarity vs pressure and how everything dances together) to be done efficiently. By the end of the flash chromatography era, the largest companies I had the chance to work around hadn’t even fired up their massive chromatography columns as it just didn’t make sense financially. You then see a change in COAs from CBD/CBG-heavy extract (the more polar compounds that eluted first but only gave a 40-50% efficiency per run) to CBD/CBN heavy extract because…

oxidation/conversion

It became evident as more eyes were on this high-yielding commodity (broad spectrum distillate once sold for 15k in the hemp market) that cheaper, higher capacity means of manufacturing were needed to capture the opportunity of producing the commodity. Although several different methods were developed, the whole “oven tek” thing captures this point best imo: why buy a 200k piece of pharmaceutical equipment when I could utilize a vac oven (cheap equipment already in the industry) and just slowly oxidize the D9 to CBN in the presence of heat?

Finally, as the hemp market matured to the point that it is at today, the compounds present in the “d9 separated cbd matrix” ccould be purchased in purified form, as large scale manufacturers of CBG, CBN, and then novel compounds as a whole set up shop. Want a replicable commodity with a verified supply chain for extracts that resemble broad spectrum hemp? Purchase CBD, CBG, and CBN isolates from future compounds and add them together at your preferred ratio. Just purchase your raw materials. That’s the best method of separation. The second best would be selective conversion of the compounds you want to remediate to something else. The ‘worst’ option would be large scale flash chroma and everything it entails.

3 Likes

Thats all cool but theoretically it would be interesting to remediate the cbd so to say, like you suggested in your previous post. It is not so expensive with chromatography, even cbd isolate is produced on a commercial scale this way, as can be witnessed on youtube.
Or you say conversion can the cbd be salted out or some shit?

Well, we played around with AlCl3 today. After 30 min, this is what we got. Not sure if we did something wrong or what. It definitely seems to favor d9 more as the d8 “peak” looked a lot more like noise than it did a proper peak. We are getting ready to throw more AlCl3 in just for shiggles. Started at 5% of CBD mass, gonna bump to 10%.

2 Likes

5% is enough .
After 30min you should have a complete reaction.
Greetings

2 Likes

this is awesome

1 Like