CBC to CBN and Synthesis of CBN

Think i found the SOP that people are trying to keep hidden. He(Org Lett) achieved an 82% conversion rate which i have seen someone showing their tests off on conversion and i know theirs was 1% off so its a possibility & people on this (open source) forum were saying to keep it a secret :skull::skull::skull: I could most definitely be wrong … just an asshole making assumptions over here… Anyways open source ftw :v:

https://pubs.acs.org/doi/10.1021/acs.orglett.9b02258

7 Likes

It does seem to be a good version but not THE trade secret most don’t know about. I do have a version of a cbn conversion sop if anyone if interested in it dm me.

7 Likes

Open source doesn’t mean show everyone your knickers!

4 Likes

I posted this “SOP” on a different thread. It is straightforward but uses iodine to mediate aromatization, so it requires pesky chromatography. This procedure is pretty useless because
the difficulty to source cbc, i guess you could collect all of your head fractions and distill cbc out yourself though.

3 Likes

Nice, from what I’ve read CBC is the easiest phytocannabinoid to be synthesized. I have an article on it somewhere in my email. Idk just shooting shots if someone comes with more viable information then dope game on.

1 Like

I’m fairly confident that using supercritical CO2 crude as starting material is a good way to generate CBC. I haven’t done much in the way of testing this, but, it’s certainly worth investigating.

2 Likes

True, you just do a condensation rxn with geranial and olivetol, or something along those lines.

3 Likes

Yooo but CBN isnt a brown oil. Good luck trying to sell literal garbage to people. People in academia don’t care about how pure the substrate is as long as NMR looks good.

4 Likes

Ah your talking about the oil itself not the SOP? My b

gotta clean that nasty goop up with proper chromatography for this route.

What’s your hunch?

Sup-C CO2 grabs plant acids, lowers the pH to 4-5 depending on the batch. I had a tech forget to put a stir bar in a flask and ended up with 16% CBC. No way to know for absolute surety if it isn’t a mistaken identity for d10, but, from what I understand, d10 generally is created in basic, not acidic conditions. So, my inkling is that it is in fact CBC.

3 Likes

Would it work with sub critical?

I highly doubt it. I could totally be wrong though.

D10 is efficiently created with basic conditions but there are other less efficient ways to make it that involve heat and maybe acids

3 Likes

Stands to reason that I may be correct then, but, perhaps not, haha.

I would really love to see the results of CBG material extracted with CO2 and distilled roughly.

Also RIP to whoever follows this method since olivetol is $50/gram…

https://www.sigmaaldrich.com/catalog/product/aldrich/152633?lang=en&region=US

3 Likes

:joy::joy::joy::joy: oh hell no I think we’ll stick to our secrets lol

3 Likes

1g pricing is always jacked up… Im sure some people here have the capabilities to synthesize it. but more economically speaking theres got to be a way to isomerize another cannabinoid into CBC.

CBG goes to CBC fairly easily. I’m pretty sure @anon93688 posted the conversion on the forum somewhere.