CBC to CBN and Synthesis of CBN

I’ve not posted CBG to CBC. I do have this procedure though.

2 Likes

Even making olivetol is rough. $35K of starting materials will make you 10kg of the stuff…

2 Likes

Extract it from oakmoss/lichen! haha the info to extract and isolate it is there and it is incredibly easy & quick to grow lichen may be worth it idk :man_shrugging:. ive read that 16-20% of the crude was olivetol(another 18ish% being olivetolic acid) on a study but nothing on biomass to crude yields, either way thats a WHOLE other process in itself. Not something im currently shooting for but interesting at the least.

Possible to link study?

1 Like

somewhere in my history sec

1 Like

this link got me to the top one … more info on it so … https://www.researchgate.net/publication/227749141_Lichen_extracts_as_raw_materials_in_perfumery_Part_1_Oakmoss

also correction it was Olivetol & Olivetonide not Olivetol & Olivetolic Acid

Cool. I just DM’d pdf of paper.

Thank you.

2 Likes

Basic conditions? how come every reaction i have is acidic?

2 Likes

Yes. I am curious

That’s in reference to a part of a sop

Would you happen to have a link to that CBC article?

Anyway you can push me the pdf file in this? I clicked and it only let me view a portion of the info!

The information is in the SI. Too many people looking for answers and don’t know where to look.

https://www.botany.ut.ee/BOI_tudengile/Lihhenoloogia/bioakt_antibiot/Russo%20etal%202008%20Lichen%20metabolites%20prevent%20UV%20light%20and%20nitric%20oxide-mediated%20plasmid%20DNA%20damage%20and%20induce%20apoptosis%20in%20human%20melanoma%20cells.pdf

Check out these, compounds I was trying to find other species which produce the olivitol with the C7 side chain as this would be the starting point for cbdp and thcp

4 Likes

There are rumors of high CBC cultivars that are ready for larger scale field trials this growing season. Group out of CO was reaching out to select farmers in OR to run some acreage of their seed. This thread shines some light on what the end game might be.

2 Likes

Edit: Non Sequitur

What’s the correct uv spectrum for conversion? Can’t find it in the tread.

1 Like
1 Like

Would this method of yours be doable in a short path distillation set up?
We’ve been extracting the Terps, then pull CBD serrate
Separate, could I pull the CBN from the left overs?

Most reactions can be done in a spd yes, but I would use only spare setup for it otherwise you’ll be mixing possible contamination to you end product if bot properly cleaned out.

They have two different boiling points, but you’ll always see codistillation if their in the same body.

2 Likes