Cartridge information

What is the best way to make a live resin vape pen? Currently working with the THCa crystals and the high terpene portions. I would like to avoid using distillate if possible.

depends how viscous ur mother liquid is after the thca crystalizes out and how you like your cartridges

1 Like

and u did all that work to get the separate them now ur gonna have to do work to get them to redissolve, at least gonna hav to crush and stir them if ur not gonna heat them or ull be waiting for awhile

1 Like

I have also agitated the live resin to create more of a budder however the cartridge would cloud back up after a few days. 40% of that cartridge was decarbed.

y does it matter if its decarbed? thca not gonna make thru the vaporization without being decarbed.
Ru trying to achieve clarity or a specific look? almost all extract will be cloudy when not diluted. even if u took stuff that looked clear and put it in a cartridge it would look much less clear

Correct this was more for the visual appeal. I just didn’t imagine the live resin carts on the market were HT portion only that claim they don’t use distillate. Would the micro crystals in the budder be small enough to work in the Jupiter cartridges?

they probably arent they probably hav a small amount of shatter mixed in not to mention a ton just lie and put small amount of mct oil or triacetin or something. the heat will cause crystals to dissolve as u hit it. u could centrifuge ur hte that might work to clarify a touch. also u could sonicate everything and it would help all of them lol

Do you think budder is the best consistency for what i’m trying to accomplish? Curious how filling the cartridges will be.

get a big blunt tipped syringe if ur gonna be doin this often then buy a borosilicate one of Amazon or ebay if ur just gonna do it a few times then the $ store plastic one is fine. I still dont know exactly what ur going for but budder will make ur extract look lighter in color but not clear at all. if u ever see candy or Taffe being made ull see that amber colored melted sugar will turn bright white when pulled and folded on itself over and over. traps little air bubbles that reflect light making them appear whiter bit also scatters the light making it completely opaque. same happens to some oil

Definitely going to have to try experiment with these a little more. Just trying to make the best live resin cartridge using only the live resin extract. I don’t mind using some of the viscosity diluent.

then theres ur answer. viscosity is mostly mct oil now that they took out the peg400. i would try the cheap ones mct oil first cause ur live resin prob already has all the flavor it needs

Does anyone have a good process for mixing and filling thick distalte oil carts?

what do u mean process? get a mason jar to mix and a giant syringe and go to town for a few hours lol I use subcritical co2 terps so my ratios prob wont be same as food grade but 3-10 percent is usually good depending on the terp source

I have tried Triethyl citrate for both THCA and CBD isolate. CBD isolate didn’t crash out after nearly 4 months of sitting there, smoked occasionally. Tried it with some “sauce” to make a sauce cart but the crystals ended up crashing out and that was at a 7% dilution.

1 Like

so thca did crash out of triethyl citrate?

Yes it did, however i didn’t try mixing it with distillate. it was just diamonds/sauce and triethyl citrate.sauce terps though mixed with distillate @ 12-15% is very nice. Can still maintain that 80%+ THC and get amazing flavor w/ incredible high.

1 Like

well “cause terps” r still high in cannabinoids including a bunch of left over thca and thc so yea that will help keep those numbers up lol

1 Like

Just did some recearch on triethyl citrate, apperently it absorbs very well in your respatory tract. Only negative I saw in the reading was an “acrid smoke” emitted when heated to decomposition.

2 Likes

I’ve been looking through Alibaba for a good CCELL to purchase in bulk. Have you tried any of them? If so, which were good? Which were bad? Any chance you have experience with these? Ocitytimes? Specifically their C18-G (I can’t post the link, sorry)

I appreciate any help you can provide. I’ll order samples once I narrow it down but there are so many different manufacturers of the exact same hardware.

2 Likes

When you say CCell, are you referring to the manufacturer, Ccell, or are you asking about a Ccell like cart?

Definitely get samples of whatever you go with. FilI them, use them, carry them around for a few weeks. I’ve seen issues with lots of carts. Everything from leaking out of the tops, leaking out of the bottoms, oxidizing internal metal components, oxidized extract after a few hours, massive level drop, prepriming at the factory with peg400, etc…

5 Likes