Capna versus Delta

Hi,
I am new in the cannabis area and this forum :). What extractor is better Delta (CUP15/30) versus Capna. what is important points (based on manufacturing experience). What do you think about ultrasonic extraction, for me should be effective, but not for manufacture process, and Comperg pure 5 extractor.
Thank you a lot

This has been discussed a million times. Use the search bar.

https://future4200.com/search?q=capna

https://future4200.com/search?q=CUP

https://future4200.com/search?q=delta%20capna

I would love the opportunity to quote our equipment. I can take you from the solvent chiller through ethanol extraction, filtration, recovery and distillation all in a classified environment with an engineering stamp upon it. I will even wrap it with a bow if you would like. Please feel free to reach out via our website intake form, this email cat@c1d1labs.org or give me a call 510.421.9021

5 Likes

I would not use ultrasonic unless you gather trichomes first.

where are the cannabinoids?
why would you open every cell in the plant to get at them?
how you planning on getting rid of all that extra stuff?!?

http://future4200.com/search?q=ultrasonic

Reads better than “thanks a lot”.

But no sign that you followed the links given here either. Which makes it really hard to point you at the information you desire.

How about this one:

Dear cyclopath,
Thank you very much for your nice replay about the dynamite and also for the short english lesson, please don’t take my awful mistakes to your heart it is not healthy.

Seriously ,i am very appricate your and others help, i am in the beginning of this interesting area, and glad that was lucky to find this forum

1 Like

in case you haven’t stumbled upon the truth about capna yet…

https://future4200.com/search?q=capna+%23classifieds

1 Like

Thank you, still don’t sure what to buy…
Yes, many sell it, but many also buy or at least interested to buy from them.
There ara some pos and negs. For Capna i don’t need grinding (at least by their instructions), and don’t need to perform winterization, don’t need to buy filtration unit, but need a centrifuge’ in addition ETOH pass through the biomass 5 times, may be its extract more…
In Delta, No need for separate centrifuge, user don’t come in contact with the solvent, but need to grind, and need to winterize, and also need buy separate filtration unit’ ETOH pass only one time through the biomass.
Please if someone knows which points are more important please focus me .

almost all of those points could be considered incorrect at some level. neither manufacturer got it right, and both are feeding you marketing not facts.

You are correct that many buy the capna systems. That does not mean the many are happy with the performance or throughput. if you only want to extract once a day, the capna might work for you, but it doesn’t have to cooling capacity to be run continuously as a stand alone unit.

don’t need to grind? the correct mill size and grinding technique makes a difference both quantitatively and qualitatively in every form of cannabis extraction I’ve looked at hard. how much cannabis you can fit in the tube very much depends on how finely you grind the cannabis…with ethanol, how you perform your size reduction can affect the color and potency.

you might not need to winterize if you’re trying to put one run a day through the capna, or if you have a secondary chiller than gets your solvent down to -70C before you start, but as soon as your solvent starts warming up because the refrigeration compressor is undersized for the task, you’re going to start extracting fats and waxes.

I’ve used a CUP, and then moved on to other 'fuges, and modifying the design. pretending a centrifuge is a washing machine is silly. not much better than pretending a washing machine is a centrifuge. both work, but neither are ideal. I run the same solvent over 5 batches of biomass when extracting hemp. the amount of solvent you use and the temperature at which you run it are key parameters here. your end goals for your extract determine where the sweet spot is for your process.

performed at the right temp, winterization is not necessary, performed with the correct gear, it is not problematic. see: Room Temperature Winterization and Solvent Removal for the concept. perhaps talk to @MagisterChemist for leads on a less expensive setup. winterization and carbon scrubs can also be performed in the centrifuge, although I recommend a dedicated unit rather than your primary extraction machine. I also perform the bulk of my filtration in the fuge.

I have not been impressed with the build quality of any of the direct from China centrifuges I’ve interacted with, and would avoid them if you’ve got the funds. they can be made to work appropriately if you know what you’re doing and have a decent fabricator. I would recommend the US built Ace40 from Curian, but they’ve dropped that from their website as a standalone item.

Dm if you’d like to pursue this further.

2 Likes

Thank you , very very usefull information for me