@beaker award

What would you estimate the distance between the bottom of the sample flask and the cold finger on beakers sublimator is?

I would also add that @Photon_noir wrote way more of that ethanol white paper than I did…

I mostly read & regurgitate. Or try dumb shit and let y’all know it was stupid.

This place brings me joy & that is more than enough for me.

9 Likes

Ok well then nominate and let the members their vote decide

1 Like

Maybe like 2cm? But i don’t have it in front of me

2 Likes

I also don’t consider myself an OG. I’ve done some OG shit. But I’m a baby in this game. It’s only been 6 years for me.

My first extraction partner was teaching people about hydrocarbon cannabis extraction around 2001/2002. A few dumbass fires later and he stopped trying to hold hands :joy:

4 Likes

teaching folks how to fish with dynamite does have it’s drawbacks…right @Photon_noir?

6 Likes

Yes, @cyclopath. Yes, it does. But teaching them to fish is at least a worthy endeavor, I’ve always hoped! When I was ion, contributing to and eventually administrating thenook.org, I taught all things chemistry and extraction so everyone could have access to their own clean natural entheogens and plant medicines as safely as possible, without relying on street “quality”. Before that, I was on mycotopia, erowid, and earlier, the lycaeum, hyperreal, extracting and building my library of books and other valuable published works in earnest… before that was newsgroups like alt.drugs.net, rec.drugs.net, sharing knowledge and growing a collection of printouts, testing methods and burning those that were false with the weekly trash… and before that was the old BBS, around the time I was concentrating cannabis resin through pyrolysis and coalescing traps, experimenting with grain alcohol distillation and cannabis extractions, hashmaking, and extracting stuff with other solvents and methods. It’s kinda funny how I’ve come full circle back to teaching and providing tools for ethanol based cannabis extraction as a legitimate career! It has been a long strange trip, indeed…

How about @murphymurri for all her efforts in spreading the good word on extraction and formulations?

And @Sidco_Cat for being Den Mother and an outspeaking proponent for all of us?

As far as awards go, perhaps we can symbolize his usernames with a red turtle (with 984 in his shell pattern) carrying a beaker labeled 4200… but like Fight Club, we should remember the man by his true name, post mortem. This is really the “Dennis Parker Award”. :v:

19 Likes

I vote @Photon_noir

8 Likes

I vote for @Photon_noir as well

6 Likes

If these are official votes, I’m taking @photon_noir and @anon42519203 . . . Give 'em 1/2 a vote each. Maybe that’s the tiebreaker :joy:

It’s hard not to vote @Future too

Honorable mention: @ExtractNinja for breaking down walls of conventional thought and being persistent.

8 Likes

At this point should we consider the contenders chosen and put up a poll for the winner?

3 Likes

What about issuing awards to a full nominee list to cover past contributions…then switch to one a year going forward?

Most of the folks on that list simply HAVE to be considered massive contributors.

7 Likes

This is a very valid point. Undeniably.

If we opt for just one award this year I would assume the contenders who don’t win would still be up for it next year. I’m not sure how many of Beakers beakers we have for the awards themselves. That could be a possible issue.

4 Likes

It would seem kind of awkward to have some of those industry leading names in nomination for 5 years, leaning mostly on contributions new operators can’t weigh the impact of. For example, @photon_noir NOT getting one would be a crime…but I feel similarly about the rest of the nominees.

But, voting on one award going forward would narrow the timescale of impact. Just thoughts.

6 Likes

This. RIP.

Also, can we not associate this idea with Nobel, who is rumored to have started the Nobel prize in response to an erroneous obituary naming him the merchant of death. In no way did @Beaker owe his legacy to such atrocities, and as such I move that the award be very much apart from the concept of Alfred Nobel and his prizes.

4 Likes

What if we excluded ur excluding buddy? You may not have choice in this one my bro :joy::facepunch::green_heart:

It may be out your hands?

4 Likes

Honestly graywolf should have the first trophy. We’re not even sure if he has been on a sleeper account and have been contributing but still stays under the radar. Regardless nobody would be in the position they are in today without him. He is The Godfather of the extraction industry. We would still be set back ages ago if it wasn’t for him.

If he could not be exempt from the non forum member rule. . My vote goes to @Photon_noir. He is in the same realm as graywolf. They have been here before extraction was even a common word. They were solely driven to provide clean medicine
for patients. In my eyes they are the only two at the top of this hierarchy.

Regardless of what people will say i think @spdking should at least be recognized due to his earlier contribution on the summit research article that gave a better understanding on extraction. For those who are unaware this article helped non chemistry operators on how everything works.

For the safety award @ExtractNinja Nobody has ever went through so much to question a a past industrial leader safety of a product. I’m sure he sustained more threats on himself than anybody else in a community. In the end he was right. He was the rogue that started everybody to be aware of what we’re putting inside our product and to put companies on accountable standards of being transparent.

15 Likes

Graywolf!!

He got tired of playing middleman between pharmer joe, he, and myself yrs back with all my questions.

Lol

I’ll toss up $200.00 if needed to get the awards done. I cant afford the GLG fee, but it’s the least I can do from all the knowledge I’ve gotten from here

10 Likes

@hambread is Graywolf. So we’ve have indeed acknowledged this.

6 Likes

Say what? Dayum you been sneaking around all this time.

Thanks again for everything.

4 Likes