Cannabis Industry Resumes [Offered Service]

Yea of course brotha man. Ive done quite a variety of resumes and everyone comes out great despite what type of experience they have. The most important thing is the goals. Being real about where you are now and what position that lines you up for. :clinking_glasses::grin:

4 Likes

This is dope man

1 Like

Im nothing like my posts in real life. Unless i start winning at poker when im drunk and I thump.

1 Like

Great info and well thought Resume builder. If I had the money, I would hit you up for some advice but alas, I quit my extraction job with no backup, so I am on the hunt for money-making opportunities. Perhaps I will find you in the future!

still hoping to get an example resume.

How on earth can anyone verify “1000 hours” of experience???

I can offer anyone free resume advice, just DM me. I have worked in pharmaceuticals, cannabis, and biotechnology. When I was interested in working with cannabis, I amassed about 12 written offers from cannabis companies. I will share my knowledge for free

2 Likes

1000/hrs is about a year’s worth of experience.
Let say you work a bi weekly payroll schedule, you’ll work about 160/hrs a month(40/hrs X week), [160/hrs•12/months = 1,920/hrs]

Dropping a deuce and you had me thinking.

1 Like

Here is an example resume you/anyone can use. Its an anonymous/outdated copy of my own, but the format I still use is the same.

Incognito_Resume_Feb_2019_v8.pdf (153.2 KB)

2 Likes

That math suggests 1000 hours is 6 months of 8hr/day work.

8 hours a day x 250 working days/yr = 2000 hours.

I think some payrolls use 2080 hours/year as their metric, but for mental math I use 2000 hours/year.

2 Likes

That is a solid template.

2 Likes

Me too, I read F42 most every time I crap

4 Likes

Thanks! I took some resume workshops in college and had it reviewed on a number of occasions to arrive that that format - and I still make small changes. For instance, I only added the “PROJECTS” section a few years into my career because it started to seem more relevant than coursework. At some point, I should remove coursework entirely since it’s less and less relevant if I took fluid dynamics in 2014.

The chemical engineering subreddit has a resume thread every month for engineers to run their (anonymous) resumes past other engineers/engineering hiring managers in their field. I would recommend it to anyone, but those guys are not shy with the criticism so if anyone uses that service they should just be objective and not take it personally if their resume gets thrashed.

I’ll be posting some of the updated resumes soon. Just been seriously busy and I have to get permission from each resume client which takes a while after redacting information.

I do need to update this OP because the resumes I have been doing look really great compared to what I initially posted. Much more professional now.

But as said above anyone can make a resume. There’s this guy’s example above as there are hundreds of other examples available online.

I started this service because I experienced paying someone 150 to make me a resume and I got a simple word document with some fancy corporate jargon that played on what recruiters want to hear.

I trashed that resume and made myself something fancy that got attention and myself a job because I have always had such a hard time getting hired without an insider.

I take your experience as a technician either in or out of a licensed facility and focus it on what you know and did rather than belittling your experience.

I also have a jobs listing thread to keep updated on jobs available near you.
Just trying to help everyone get the job rather than the chemistry graduate behind you. :beers::man_superhero:

Job Listings Thread :man_scientist: - Classifieds / Job Opportunities - Future4200

1 Like

i posted a pm here

1 Like

So what’s the best way to list a black market employer on your resume’s work history? It’s not like the employer was necessarily operating under a DBA or corporate entity like that, you know?

List them and the contact information for your supervisor. Interviewer will assume it’s all legit unless it is like 1989 in Nebraska.

2 Likes

How should i list them as?

Company:
Sole Proprietor?
Private?

I don’t think listing the employer by name is a feasible option…

I’m almost tempted to just make up a dba because of how trivial that information really is to whoever is looking at the resume.

1 Like

I would just list the role/experience and not who you worked for/with

2 Likes

References available, but then I’d have to kill you….

4 Likes