Cannabinoid Carboxylation

Would anybody be interested in buying a detailed SOP for the carboxylation of cannabinoids?

It’s not a terribly complicated set of reactions, though it is definitely organic chemistry. It uses way less noxious reagents than the current CBN methods many people are rocking, so I feel like the community can hang.

I’ve personally used this procedure to carboxylate kilos of CBG → CBGA. Works even better for CBD → CBDA.

Future has been encouraging me for quite some time to post about this, so I am finally putting the finishing touches on the write-up. Thought I’d gauge what folks think.

Thoughts?

25 Likes

I’ve given my recarb SOP away and never heard back from anyone. It was a hot topic a while back.

8 Likes

Hell yes not to complicated for fools like me ? Sounds great if you can put the a back on the T😁

7 Likes

Put a price on it, I may be down. How many times have you been able to repeat the process and at what scale?

1 Like

Curious to hear what does super concentrated cbda look like is it a solid ?

1 Like

Crystalline after purification.

1 Like

@qga we have a winner
Would you be so kind to send a sample to those that request it for nmr and god knows what else of testing

1 Like

Seems like a pretty simple calculation for a company.

@onemadalchemist what’s the cost/gram on the conversion?

What kind of conversion efficiency are you getting? 1,000g of CBD isolate becomes what, 1050-1100g of CBDa? What form is the CBDa in after the process?

3 Likes

I wonder how many of you realize that this is probably the best answer to cutting agents in carts
How exiting these times are :clap::clap:

14 Likes

Cost per gram will vary depending on whether reagents are bought or made in house. Those calculations are the last things I need to finish up.

A kilo of CBD will turn in to just under a kilo of CBDA after purification.

CBDA can be crystallized after said purification.

4 Likes

Does its stay a distillate like consistency naturally? Or does it auto crystallize like CBD?

2 Likes

but can you add the a back onto thc?

1 Like

Can someone please explain recarbs usefulness? Why not just leave in the acidic form after extraction? What am I missing?

Purification
It s damn hard to purify the a team of cannabinoids to 90% or higher
The upscaling of processes

2 Likes

this is crazy - can we see/learn some sort of verification to this? im only familiar with kolbe-schmitt and im pretty sure thats not whats goin on here…

3 Likes

Does this work for THC as well?

Edit: Just reread the OP and it says cannabinoids, so I assume it will.

2 Likes

There is also the Reimer Tiemman which is much milder than Kolbe Schmitt.

5 Likes

i must be missing something. reimer tiemann is for formylation

You can oxidize it further using Pinnick.

Also if another equivalent of dichlorocarbene adds to the carbonyl, you have a good leaving group for a second equivalent of hydroxide.

I have run this before to carboxylate a naphthalene

3 Likes

thanks for the spoon lol, mucho respecto on the organic synthesis. this is the caliber of information that should be being shared on here

6 Likes