Cali banning vapes

i have seen more than 5 tests out of that place with buds over 42% total cannabinoids. I test at _____ labs in Pasadena. 2% variance everytime, and they test the sample 3 times not once(love that) I do think a lot of these labs are innacurate. Does that mean they are illegitimate no, but i dont find their credibility to be as high as most others believe. Could i do it better? hell no, but ask the BCC what happened to LB Pharmlabs license and ill gladly explain the story if you have interest. These ā€œLabsā€ arent what most believe is all im saying.

3 Likes

shrug

I donā€™t know anything, haha. I sure as hell wouldnā€™t be surprised if a relatively healthy person vaped some cyanide and ended up in the hospital.

If it isnā€™t pesticides or vitamin E, (I say this because no single compound has been deemed responsible) what could it even be at this point? I could go tinfoil hat and say the government spiked some distillate with a type of poison they know these labs wonā€™t be testing for. At this point though, Iā€™d be willing to bet itā€™s a plethora of crap causing these health issues.

4 Likes

Well we both know that aint true but than again i could just be missing a social cue lol. That would make sense no doubt. @densone Maybe its a combination w/ these super cheap carts now. I remember picking a ā€œ350 mawā€ battery up from dtla one time, turned my gold oil to black in like 2 seconds and was to hot to keep in hand. i was thinking about peoples lungs collapsing way back in the day when hot dabs were a reg. but idk couldve been lipids or just poor extraction practicesā€¦ I would think residence time in a cart would be a big factor IF thats it especially if its not burning at correct tempsā€¦ Have the CDC/FDA tested the carts that were collected from the patients for Hydrogen cyanide?

I wonder if the batteries temp settings are having any role in this.

I just bought a new adjustable battery.

Old battery is not adjustable and hit ok.
New battery is adjustable, and set at 4v, hits like a dab, almost.

5 Likes

9 Likes

The secret ingredient is greed

7 Likes

Though Iā€™m not surprised they found myco in the bm carts, it seems like myco tainted shit has been around for a long long time. I remember 7-8 years ago there was a huge pm issue in Mi and the new growers with med licenses where spraying that shit like the farmers spray glyophosphate. No one around here had carts and distillate didnā€™t exist yet but lots of shatter and other extracts were still being consumed from the tainted material, I donā€™t remember any reports of illness.

1 Like

@cyclopath mentioned genetics in another thread I believe. I had been wondering the same thing, these people might have a genetic issue with these additives and pesticides. Whether it be an allergy, or something along the lines of protein synthesis in the body being affected.

Thereā€™s so many factors, just because the first 10,000 people that smoked it didnā€™t go to the hospital, doesnā€™t mean some people in the next 10 million that smoke it wonā€™t.

6 Likes

yeah, Iā€™m a geneticistā€¦so I usually go there.
if not first, at least eventually.

differential susceptibility to toxins or medicine, based on genetic makeup is absolutely a thing. see personalized medicine

eg Arsenic is toxic right? how toxic depends on your genetic makeup.

5 Likes

One of my clients foliar sprays eagle 20, 2 weeks before harvest. I wanna bust his head open, but I spread the word on strain he grows, and NOT to buy his strain to everyone i know.

Wedding cake out of SE michigan.
His is OD grown

6 Likes

Gross. Iā€™ve heard, a few times now, that a bunch of guys in Michigan think eagle 20 is no big deal.

5 Likes

these carts are so bad.
the cereal carts testing for 27% thc and 32% vitamin eā€¦ god only knows whatā€™s in the other 45%

7 Likes

Where did you find this chart?

2 Likes

i found it on reddit cannasafe put it out .they have been testing dispensary brands and blackmarket carts
hereā€™s the dispensary cart chart

and the reddit post has a longer list of other brands that have submitted and passed the vitamin e test

3 Likes

fuck all this shit, grow your own, smoke your own, extract your own ā€¦ know 100% what youā€™re ingesting ā€¦

7 Likes

To my knowledge, Cannasafe is one of the more reputable, credible labs in California, as they were the first and for a while the only cannabis testing lab to get ISO/IEC 17025 accreditation. I see no reason to doubt the validity of their findings.

I do however find it interesting that NBC opted to highlight hydrogen cyanide in the headline rather than vitamin E acetate, when itā€™s been established that itā€™s the latter that people are dying from. Probably because hydrogen cyanide sounds that much scarier than Vitamin E, but stillā€¦all it does is add to the misperceptions over vapes and ecigs in general.

Curious to see how this plays out.

1 Like

Exactly what I do

2 Likes

I donā€™t think anything has been fully established? Besides the fact that a lot of bm carts have some really bad shit in them and fuck nbc

2 Likes

A lot of Bm and legal dispo carts as well. Not just bm carts.

2 Likes

The marketing dept launched this a hair late I think. Comments are gold

15 Likes