Bvv disposable crc setup

So apparently someone came up with a little plug and play kit. Thoughts?

Seems ridiculously priced per cartridge, but it seems like a novel idea.

12 Likes

I figured someone would come up with this. Use the flange as the triclamp gasket and suspended the filter cartridge in your tube…and filter away.

Filtering has been around a long time…none of this is new. People are just adapting something that is relatively standard to our industry.

8 Likes

I actually think it’s a great idea, just silly how much they want per cartridge.

But I guess someone’s gonna pay good money for em.

5 Likes

They are pricey, but I imagine people will buy them. If they actually are good for a 5-7 lb run, then it’s not too bad for the convenience factor.

I just like seeing more industrial crossovers to the cannabis game. These are my two passions…so when they meet it makes me happy lol.

5 Likes

I’d definitely like to hear from anyone whose tried it, I’m building something kind of similar but reusable and stainless.

6 Likes

Essentially aren’t the crc filters already kinda the same? Couldn’t you just make one with a longer spool, then use a filter paper on top of it?

That’s what i did at first just made stainless ones that you could swap out for each run. Then found it worked much better to just load it into the material column.

6 Likes

I like the idea alot. But packing the powder isn’t that bad. And I kind of like to inspect the powder after the run so I would end up opening up the cartridges anyway.

3 Likes

I’ve thought this might be effective, do you do anything special or just throw it straight in there?

1 Like

200 just for for the SS housing on top of the 900 12 pack… seems pricey! But for the newbs who just wanna plug and play it seems legit. For me half the fun is building it and testing it to ensure the system is dialed. Plus if you build your own set up you can always upgrade or adjust any parameters on a run to run basis.

This is kinda the kurieg cup of crc. Now when they sell just the “K cup” type filter sleeve I can simply fill (with my own powders) and then close and drop a in my crc column, I’ll buy that. For now I think the price is a little too high, especially some powders are cheap as dirt…

8 Likes

put it at the bottom of the material column and then put the material on top. your good to go. i don’t know why people over complicate this so much

15 Likes

Yeah people filling their reducers with powder and throwing a sintered disk on either end. Makes sense

3 Likes

We are currently producing CRC spools that have a screw press inside of it so that anyone can properly pack a cartridge, and it only costs as much as about twelve of those filter cartridges. Just fill it, shake it, and screw it down.

11 Likes

do you have more info? link to website, pricing etc?

1 Like

The one thing you can say about BVV is they listen to what people want. This was discussed early on in the crc thread and someone at BVV clearly didn’t just read it they executed the idea. My only complaint is proprietary formulation. In any industry where health is of the highest concern and criticism comes fast damaging reputations when an extractor can not confidently state they handled your product safely due to proprietary recipes there is a problem in my opinion.

5 Likes

We’re releasing it two weeks from now, the website is www.grmlabs.com and we are launching our new rebuilt website monday, pricing will be right around 1000 bucks or 1250 for it completely kitted out with guages, reducers, valves, clamps, and gaskets.

6 Likes

how bad are the fine dusts that come out of these pods?
are they rinsed/dried before packing?

1 Like

media doesn’t need to be packed down tight

5 Likes

+1
I just tap my column as i pour the powders in with a rubber mallet or whatever is closest lol

4 Likes

@j12 I have considered doing it that way but I like pre rinsing media with solvent before the run so haven’t tried it. Do you do that?

1 Like