Bvv disposable crc setup

Me and @BG305 looked at this cost a lot last year and i over the last year i have collected soooo much data on the cost of CRC absorbents with specific ratios and levels of color remediation!

So the cool thing about being able to pack your own powders is you can really adjust the powders for specific material your running.

So ive collected a bit of data and this is what i can share.

TO the customer buying 20kg boxes of absorbents.

Basic shit to really light color remediation costs about $3.56 a lb to remediate/$17.76 per 5lbs
Basic shit to clear w/ T41 aid cost about $5.27 a lb to remediate/$26.37 per 5lbs.

Lets just say this is all trim getting 8% return. Your getting 35g per lb. That is 3.56 to remediate or about .10 extra cost per gram. Or about .15 per gram with t41. Do you not think you can get at least $3 a gram more using color remediation?? $1 more a gram? Its only costing .15 max if you using t41 sometimes seeing the numbers like this. makes its easier to see its probably just as costly as gas loss during a run.

You can almost cut these figures in half for fire material and even less for live material.

This is customers buying bulk boxes. This could even be cheaper with b80 but i havent sold it enough to collect real data on it.

If your looking at long term costs of all this. Withing a few 100lbs using another companies option, you could own several CRC colums which you could just swap out with your material columns. Most of us have been using these absorbents for over a year.

36 Likes

Killer breaks down not only the pallets of powders, but the numbers too. Great info man

8 Likes

When youā€™re saying a price per lb in your first paragraph, are you referring to lb of material, or lb of oil, or lb of media?

2 Likes

Price of media based on the average of price of 4x of the most common absorbent at the customer cost. Not mine.

The price per lb of media is using 75g of t5, 50g of silica, 50g of aluminaā€¦with our without t41 at 25g per lb. Buying it by the box of bulk media shipped to the customer. That price includes the shipping to the customer. That is strickly a media input into the equation. labor needs to be looked at, and equipment cost. But its a good baseline to look at the cost of media.

This is what im saying the cost of media remediation is per lb of material

7 Likes

yes i have, but if itā€™s in the material column during the injection the media gets soaked before the run dumps. works great

6 Likes

Oh nice, keep crushing it!

3 Likes

So you add your filtration to your material column , therefore no need for separate filtration stage? Or is it 2 stages

1 Like

Nope i just fill with media first and then put the material on top.

3 Likes

It cost me $3/3500-4000g biomass. Basically 2000g of media per extraction in a 6x36 spool.
I have found 1 bentonite that gives me consistent results (Pale yellow-white depending on ratios) and is less than $1/lb of media.

These premade filters look great for the hobbyist. If I had my own garage grow and blasted my crop every two months, Iā€™d be all over it. No fussing around reading 8k post thread and messing up a bunch of runs dialing it in.

@J12 how do you remove your spent trim and media? Shop vac? I know what you mean about over complicating it. Just pack the powders in, then pack the biomass right on top. EZ. Just seems hard to unload. Depends on your setup probably.

6 Likes

i flip my column over a small trash can and everything easily slides out. Sometimes a tap or 2 with a rubber mallet

3 Likes

Ahh I see. So youā€™re not using a rack mounted system. A traditional terpinator style (top down)?

2 Likes

No i use my own system. pack columns the day before running and place in the freezer. pull them out and place them on top of collection and blast.

9 Likes

j12 do you use a filter gasket under your column?

yeah a 5 micron one

3 Likes

Everyone should run a 5 micron screen above their collectionā€¦because thatā€™s what I do lol

My thought is, last step filtration, just to catch any fibers from filters that get past, or any residual fibers from cleaning. I use lint free rags, but itā€™s not a bad idea to have something before the collection. I always find something in it over the course of a few runs. Most people may not care about a few fibers in a 1/4 lb of oil but when you strive for perfectionā€¦

Edit - my dumb ass just realized if your running a rack then bottom of column and top of collection are at a different point. When I went from column on collection, to a rack set up, I kept my 5 micron screen on top of my collection.

3 Likes

Even the KimTech wipes leave lint behind. Itā€™s frustrating, but I give up fighting it and spray it with n2 to blow the lint out.

I know what you mean and itā€™s annoying

6 Likes

It is. Iā€™m glad Iā€™m not the only one who is this anal about it. I believe I make medicine, and its currently going to two of my homies dying of cancer. Every step of the process has medicine in thought, as opposed to money. It is trivial, and I am an odd dude, but I try to make it as clean as possible.

10 Likes

Pro tip: coffee filters as wipes. No fiber residue.

17 Likes

My pro tip hereā€¦is to steal the lint free rags that the government uses to clean nuclear and steam components prior to establishing cleanliness. These are used to establish cleanliness in a nuclear system or steam system, as they supposedly leave no lint behind. I just take home the already opened bags of them, after completed work, that would end up in the garbage, as I try not to steal from tax payers.

6 Likes

Look forward to it!