Butter/Budder/Batter/Badder

anyone do wet badders?

2 Likes

I read all the way up to this post and saw nothing but people purging out their terps and going for crumble-like consistencies not realizing the uses of wet badders…

Here is my post processing tech. Take your finished dewaxed shatter and ball it up. Push it down to the bottom of a clean wide mouth mason jar. I use the 8oz ones, or the crystal quartz ones. Stick it in the oven at no higher than 98. I usually do it at the temp I purged at. Pull it out, whip, making sure you get every part back down to the bottom at the end. Then put the lid back on and back in the oven. (If you’d like, you can try to do a force crash by lining the underside of the lid with parchment and tightening it as much as possible before pulling vac on it)
Repeat this until you see swirling on the underside of the jar that is usually more blonde than the surrounding material. Then leave it in the oven lid on with no vac for a few hours to overnight. I’d post videos or photos but don’t want to take time wiping EXIF data right now.

The point is attempting to force nucleation to happen by agitating the THC enough to form crystallization, but the lack of pressure will stop it from forming full crystals. By whipping it, you’re pushing around all of the terpene solution into these semi-crashing crystals, causing an exposure of smell, flavor, texture, and if you leave it alone in the jar for long enough at a certain temp… separation. However, this is like peeling a fruit’s skin off and leaving the inner flesh exposed. Over time, it will harden, lose flavor, and potency if it is exposed to an improper environment (which will definitely be an issue considering our demographic) So it IS a perishable good that needs to have batch dates and sell-by dates on it.

15 Likes

i want to make finshed shatter product into badder wet melt like texture

That won’t happen with “shatter”

6 Likes

21 Likes

6 Likes

8 Likes

Try to find some time to place your sop with some pictures it seems interesting
And diffrent
Think it will be of great help to several👍

2 Likes

Some trim run Pure Kush.

8 Likes

is the crc shattter b4 badder?

Crc crumble

6 Likes

This is some crc batter / terp butter the strain is wedding cake i ran this at 120 low vac and it has just as much terps as my diamonds same batch and strain . Its all about vacuum level and time . It finished wet with terps . I recommend storing a product like this in the fridge

8 Likes

For me the waxes don’t matter, I think that from a shatter beating a lot and purging at a higher temperature so that the thca emulsions and remains in a state of wax.
forgive for my bad english

6 Likes

it depends on the time of the last shake, if it is just before drying or not so that they are very inflated as cake or flat.

2 Likes

One hour soak? Never tried that. Looks like hella cold n tane.

1 Like

Hey buddy. Any tips on how to hit this consistency? I wanna try a new way other than the taffy method. Or starting with shatter. Thank you.

How was this achieved if you don’t mind me asking?

Your cookies look exactly like the cookies bosstalgia used to make in BC. Those things are such a bitch to work with (dry crumbly texture) but had true full spectrum flavour and effect to them. I was dabbing love potion cookies and it was just like smoking the bud in effect and flavour. Any chance you taught them? I heard he used a paintcan shaker to agitate. All rumour though.

I’ve been using a similar tek by doing a taffy pull for the whipping. I’ve had good luck with that method.

5 Likes

Is a vacuum oven necessary when starting with co2 oil or will heat and time only work?