butane wont come out of tank what am i doing wrong?

its in the tank i only got like a lb out before i closed the sytem off because that wasnt right the ammount it took for a lb is what i can put 7 lbs thru in i will wait till its like 33 ish imma go check and see what temo it is one sec…

From what i gather bro your striped the threads on the vapor(blue valve) on you solvent tank. Now you have your feed line connected to you liquid port(red valve) and have the tank upside down. This is the first think you have to change. All you need is to flip your tank right side up.

5 Likes

i will do that now should i have the tank on the ground or elevated over the sytem

also my tank is at 25 degrees

Exactly, the pressure pushed about 1 # of vapor out of the dio tube into your material column.

1 Like

you need a pressure guage on your tank, or somewhere inline.

7 Likes

@soxhlet is correct. A few compound guages and pressure releif valves are a very good idea. The tank can be on the floor with no problem. The idea behind this type of system(passive) is to use a temperature diferencial to move you solvent. Those tanks you posted are barbecue tanks.

4 Likes

bg your the man and killa and everyone else here

so it was a mix of it being to cold

and also why the fuck did i have it upside down?

boom we in work thanks again guys you guys are the best community ever

so many people want to keep there techa secret or look at you like a dumb ass and tell you figure it out on your own asshole but you guys are the best

i appreciate you all

7 Likes

So you get an idea, this is my 1 # rig minus the material column

3 Likes

As @Killa12345 said we are here to help and keep everyone we can safe my bro. With a few bucks you can have a really nice closed loop system.
With a little help from the community i guarantee the guys who only taught you half way will be begging for your help. Check out these slabs.

11 Likes

Are you using the vapor or liquid side of the tank valve?

2 Likes

problem fixxed i stripped the blue side on accident

question is the blue side better than the red side should i buy a new tank because of this?>

1 Like

No, the blue( vapor port) is really for recovery and atm your not recovering. How do you refill your solvent tank?

3 Likes

with a can tapper from bvv

1 Like

Depends on the tank! I have 2 different tanks, and they are opposite of each other in the colored valves…

4 Likes

Look on the top! One will say vapor the other liquid

4 Likes

they are 54 bucks at oss why are yours priced at double?

not trying to be a dick i have nothing but respect for you just genuinely curious

Ok, so it seems its time for you to spend a few bucks and start upgrading my bro. You can produce more product at a better quality saving money with a closed loop system.

3 Likes

i just spent like 2600 on this now your like time to upgrade god danmmit smh

2 Likes

The clamps are on sale $55 at oss and maybe cause they are on sale and don’t include shipping. As you can see their normal price is $100 a piece without shipping

6 Likes

im like 6500 deep in extraction equipment this month alone i cant hear the word upgrade right now or you should go spend more money i need to make my return on investment then i will invest more into the venture