butane wont come out of tank what am i doing wrong?

No body is gonna say your rig won’t work.

We are concerned for your safety, and that of your neighbors.

There are safer ways of performing this trick, and cannabis extraction is hyper-scrutinized by fire Marshall’s everywhere because of the disasters this sort of setup have caused.

Open blasting should not be a production game at this point. It reflects poorly on all of us

15 Likes

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F281866424499

Get these and you will stay nice and unburned.

8 Likes

i do not advise people do shit like this its stupid and dangerous thats why i never wanted to post photos on here i dont want anyone taking steps backwards these were my choices and yah i probably should del these from the site i dont want anyone getting ideas i just watned you guys to understand my sytem but i dont condone this behavior what so ever please do the opposite of me if you read and see my setup this is not coolio!

i got the 2x 10" clamps for $190 shipped. can do all those better too. Just saying…

4 Likes

is there a specific temp i should look for with my laser gun for the best flow of butane?

its your life…its up to you to choose…we just wanted to see if everything is hooked up correctly…not to condone you! We are here to help. it looks like your running a deceit amount of material which means you have a few bucks to invest. we are merely looking out for your safetly bro.

9 Likes

will pressurize anything over 33F or something.

3 Likes

We just needed a better idea of what you were doing, sometimea a pic is worth 1000 words.
Your solvent isn’t moving because at low temps butane dosent have any pressure. You will either need to use room temp gas, or push with n2 gas if you need to do the extraction cold. Your tank has 2 sides to it, a vapor port and a liquid port. you will inject the solvent useing the dip tube side of the tank, and recover useing the vapor side of the tank.

Replace any damaged equipment, thats an accident waiting to happen. Be safe, and try to upgrade.

2 Likes

does this apply to the falmeking #30 or is this only for propane tanks

do you guys bleed your solvent tanks like this guy bleeds his propane tank

or is this just for propane

because i never herd of bleeding your solvent tank maybe i missed that part?

So is it stalled in the column or in the tank? If its still in the tank…your ok. If its stalled in the column…you’ve got yourself a problem. It looks like it only made it partially into the column. How did you pack your material?

1 Like

on this run i did it lightly

1 Like

I remeber getting my lid off you and how much safer I felt going from a mk3 lid with no sight glasses and playing fucking peekaboo to feeling safer than holy hell. That’s just a lid change

5 Likes

The only bleeding you should do is burping inert gas or air off your tank.
you need to push with n2 gas or raise the temp of the tank inorder to allow the liquid to be pushed out of the tank. What you essentally have is a spray paint can full of paint with no propellent left. How would you get the paint to leave the can? pressurize the headspace.

8 Likes

its in the tank i only got like a lb out before i closed the sytem off because that wasnt right the ammount it took for a lb is what i can put 7 lbs thru in i will wait till its like 33 ish imma go check and see what temo it is one sec…

From what i gather bro your striped the threads on the vapor(blue valve) on you solvent tank. Now you have your feed line connected to you liquid port(red valve) and have the tank upside down. This is the first think you have to change. All you need is to flip your tank right side up.

5 Likes

i will do that now should i have the tank on the ground or elevated over the sytem

also my tank is at 25 degrees

Exactly, the pressure pushed about 1 # of vapor out of the dio tube into your material column.

1 Like

you need a pressure guage on your tank, or somewhere inline.

7 Likes

@soxhlet is correct. A few compound guages and pressure releif valves are a very good idea. The tank can be on the floor with no problem. The idea behind this type of system(passive) is to use a temperature diferencial to move you solvent. Those tanks you posted are barbecue tanks.

4 Likes

bg your the man and killa and everyone else here

so it was a mix of it being to cold

and also why the fuck did i have it upside down?

boom we in work thanks again guys you guys are the best community ever

so many people want to keep there techa secret or look at you like a dumb ass and tell you figure it out on your own asshole but you guys are the best

i appreciate you all

7 Likes